Javik the Jamaican? Seriously?

masternoxx

Lost all respect for this game when I hear this "ancient alien's" voice, what complete idiot at Bioware okay'ed this? Because a million year old alien will of course sound just like a Jamaican, Jesus Christ. They couldn't think of any better voice to use, like for instance ANY other one?

• 2 weeks later...

Jamaican dialect is heavily influenced by the French and Irish. This is African. You might well confuse Spanish for Portuguese or British for Australian. smh

Theoretically the first humans were African. Since the Protheans were there to "influence" human culture, it makes sense that the First People sound like Protheans. Why do you think Ra the Sun god looks so much like Javik?

There. I just gave you cultural enlightenment and created game lore for you. #checkyourprivilege

• 1 year later...

I've never thought Javik had a Jamaican accent. African yes but never Jamaican as his words don't have the subtle tone that the Jamaican accent is known for.

Plus if you've seen the recent Black Panther you'll know that Javik's accent matches up with that of the people of Wakanda.

If you listen carefully to certain background characters you'll hear the guy who voices Javik doing their voices also in a totally different tone.

There is one I know of where the accent is American, I just can't remember which BGC it is at the moment.