hello, i'm anna, and i'm going to be explaining the mod (or resource) i'm going to be creating.

More Voicetypes for Skyrim

option a) a mod that adds new voicetypes to skyrim and assigns it to npcs throughout the world, perhaps even adding more dialogue or new npcs

option b) an open mod resource that only has .wav or .xwm files, and doesn't apply to the game. it's for other people to apply manually to their game or release as mods.

my hope is to release option a, and if it proves to be too difficult or something gets in the way so bad i can't complete it, then i'll just release option b.

as of now i have zero voice actors.

bold, underlined=important

italic=not SUPER important but recommended

if you'd like to be in this mod please meet the following requirements:

-have a high-quality mic (blue snowball, yeti, etc... any mic that sounds clear; not a laptop mic)

-be available at least once a week to record and send dialogue, and communicate with me

OR

-be available for a one-time recording with lots of dialogue lines

-sound like you'd belong in skyrim, or have a unique voice.

-be okay with your audio files being released in an open resource mod if something gets in the way of completion

for example: if you have a voice like me (horrid, vile, ear-bleeding), you probably shouldn't audition. however, because there are only 19 female voice actors in the legendary game and 27 male actors, females might feel a little discouraged? i don't know because as a female i read that and felt kinda weird lol?? basically just audition if you can, because perhaps we could raise both of the voice actors to 35 (that would be AMAZING).

it's totally fine if you kind of sound like an npc, or don't sound like one at all but believe you could fit into the game. please private message me with an audio sample!!

if you have any suggestions, questions, comments, etc please private message me or reply to this forum.

thanks for reading (:

-annanana

Not trying to crash the party, but before you guys dive into this project (a good idea), you may like to consider the following :

If you want to change the voices of vanilla NPCs, you can always use the Audacity program to adjust the pitch/tone of their voice files so they will sound different. A couple of custom-voiced followers on the Nexus use this technique and there is also the Sassy Teen Voice mod which adds a completely new voice type based on the children's voice files.

If you want to add extra dialogue to vanilla NPCs, the mod Amorous Adventures is a good mod to refer to. The mod author basically piece together words and phrases of the standard voice files to create new dialogue.

There are already a number of mods that add custom voiced NPCs to the world, the most well-known one being Interesting NPCs. This mod adds more than 250 custom voiced NPCs.

It is always good to find someone who wants to contribute to the Skyrim experience but there may be better ways to do it.

Happy modding

• 4 months later...
Hey,

I could try with most male Npc voices, but i understand that you probably have quite a few people who can.

I have done a Khajiit voice before and tried Nord voices, but really I can do lots of voices and accents.

I have a incomplete khajiit mod with poor quality with audio ( i had an old mic) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81670/?

If you need more i can send you something i record now.

• 3 months later...