Getting started creating mods using GECK feedback

dubiousintent

You've been busy, friend. Looks good.

I don't know that it warrants its own tip but I have to let someone know somewhere that the way the GameMonth global variable works threw me off track for about a week when used in conjunction with JIP LN's GetGameDaysPassed function. The global uses numbers from 0 to 11, not 1 to 12, so my script results were off by about 30 days (1 month) and I just couldn't work out the cause. I think I may put a little note in the entry for that function. Up to you if you think it's worth the space/clutter.

Hmm. I think that would be better placed in the Community GECK Wiki page for that entry. I can certainly add a tip about Game Time in general, but prefer to reference the GECK Wiki functions for the details in case they get changed. It's obscure enough it should get mentioned.

-Dubious-

I've added the note to the function directly. It's already explained in the Globals entry but easily missable. From here out, however you want to handle it is grand.

Here you are, random411:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/581268-interior-location-creation-tutorial/

Not sure how much of that stuff is mentioned in Dubious's guide but it's all stuff I wished I'd known much earlier once I found this page. Dubious, you may want to see what you can grab from there as well. It's a good guide. It does leave out some stuff but I can't remember what.

I've added the note to the function directly. It's already explained in the Globals entry but easily missable. From here out, however you want to handle it is grand.

Here you are, random411:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/581268-interior-location-creation-tutorial/

Not sure how much of that stuff is mentioned in Dubious's guide but it's all stuff I wished I'd known much earlier once I found this page. Dubious, you may want to see what you can grab from there as well. It's a good guide. It does leave out some stuff but I can't remember what.

Thanks a bunch! Looks pretty tough but I am willing to learn so I can make a larger-scale mod!

In response to the discussion about creating interiors, I realized that had been completely overlooked in the "Getting started" guide. Added the content of article EPDGanney linked as "Interior Creation" section.. Thanks for bringing this omission to my attention.

Edit: Also added "Game Time" entry under "Additional Material" section.

-Dubious-

Thanks. Word is getting out there. It's the 9th most viewed wiki page at 547K views. ("Troubleshooting" is 6th at 654K. Both are waaay behind #1: "Fallout 4 Mod Installation" at 4.8M.)

Couldn't have done it without the contributions of the community, like yours. Take a bow, have a cookie.

-Dubious-