SnowVanNight

hi guys, I have a strange question today:

is there any possibility to start Fallout 4 without having to have steam active?

i know that sounds like i wanted to play a pirated version of the game but at this moment this is my only possible solution

for over 3 weeks now, my steam client isn't starting anymore and even the steam support wasn't able to find a solution

(please don't try to suggest any solutions, everything was already tested. running as admin, reinstalling steam, removing other programs... nothing works.)

i really want to play some Games again, especially Fallout

i don't mind anymore if the solution is legal or not, i just want to play the games i paid for again

Edited by SnowVanNight

i don't mind anymore if the solution is legal or not...

Well, anyone who tackles the "or not" part of your Q will likely be banned from the site.

And, notwithstanding your call to not make suggestions, I'll make just one (that's eluded steam support in the past): call up your task manager and check what's under the "processes" tab to see if some version of the steam.exe is running despite it, well, not being visibly running. I've had that on exceptionally rare occasions, and it prevents steam from opening on your desktop. (If so, end the process.)

And, notwithstanding your call to not make suggestions, I'll make just one (that's eluded steam support in the past): call up your task manager and check what's under the "processes" tab to see if some version of the steam.exe is running despite it, well, not being visibly running. I've had that on exceptionally rare occasions, and it prevents steam from opening on your desktop. (If so, end the process.)

and this is exactly why i don't wan't anyone to make suggestions: the hangup tasks are a so well known problem with steam that EVERYONE suggests them, if you google for problem with steam all that's shows up is this, if this would be the problem i wouldn't have contacted the support, i know that this happens sometimes!

The thing is that there IS NO f***ing TASK from steam, that's the problem i have!!!

Edited by SnowVanNight

I'm just frustrated that all people suggest the same thing:

-look in the task manager

-reinstall steam

-restart your computer

like they think i didn't do anything of this in the last 3 weeks

when people suggest that the basically say: "you are to dumb do use google"

Edited by SnowVanNight

Well, in fairness, you didn't mention that task manager thing. And it's amazing how many people's problems, even long-ongoing ones, are solved by obvious solutions they just happened to miss. It doesn't mean they're dumb.

In any event, tons of people request help here in the midst of complete frustration. But most don't discard their common courtesy and go into a tantrum when their expectations aren't met.