Need Help Editing Affinity in Fallout 4 Creation Kit

four2nothin

As the title suggests, I'm unsure exactly how to properly set up 'Affinity' in the Fallout 4 creation kit. I'm following Seddon's tutorial on how to create a companion but he doesn't really cover affinity.

However I'd like to create a companion who does 'like' and 'dislike' certain actions and can grow a relationship with the player.

So, for StartingThreshold i put : CA_T3_Neutral.

AffinityThreshold: CA_T1_Infatuation

then i filled out my own perk and perk message. He goes on to explain all the other things that are red, but specifically states that he doesn't cover affinity.

http://i.imgur.com/JXLixe6.png

So, what things to i need to fill out, and how do i ineed to fill them out? Or how do they work? also will it effect any scripting i need to do to finish my companion?

I feel like this is very strangely worded, but any help is appreciated.

I can feel with you. On you tube you have feeled 10k videos about how to make a radio working, or a settlement, but not 1 about companion affinity. Anyways. What you search is in the script that you have already open in that picture and then under "EventData_Array".

That Event thing is the only sentence in a script that defined what a companion likes and what not - far as I know. At best, take a look at the vanilla companions, how they have filled it. It is really self explanatory.

I can feel with you. On you tube you have feeled 10k videos about how to make a radio working, or a settlement, but not 1 about companion affinity. Anyways. What you search is in the script that you have already open in that picture and then under "EventData_Array".

That Event thing is the only sentence in a script that defined what a companion likes and what not - far as I know. At best, take a look at the vanilla companions, how they have filled it. It is really self explanatory.

Thanks, yah thats what i ended up doing because there's really nothing very dedicated to just affinity... before i create another topic would you know anything about lip files?? i know how to create them but for whatever reason i am missing a required folder ( processing) and a file inside of it

FonixData.cdf

any ideas what to do to fix this? otherwise i'm gonna have to create yet another forum.. lol

Follow this video step by step:

It had helped also me.

I've done that.. i'm saying i'm missing a folder.. i don't know why as i've never deleted anything. so when i click "generate lip file" it gives me an error stating that lip file was not generated because i don't have the fonixdata file. And i don't know how to get it

I have this file, but I always thought that it is some auto-created file from the ck32 that is shown in the linked video. I seem to be wrong with it and you should really make a new topic in the forums.

Edited by taryl80