What do you think about follower mods?

VulcanTR

Follower mods   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Follower mods are

• Nice and good. I like to see and find millions of the follower mods! We need more follower mods!
    • I do not interest and i do not care.
    • I hate it! Everyone making useless follower mods and everywhere follower mods!

I second the 'what followers?'

The ones that are constantly on hot files I would happily do without. Actually, same for any female follower, whether packmule or 'unique' (e.g. Vilja, Sofia, etc.)

Only really care about the male follower mods, but there are so few of them (and none of which are what I'm after) I tend not to really look, due to having to slog through all the aforementioned female packmules.

Sadly, the tag system is pretty bad, so I can't even block the 'bad' followers so I only have the ones I'm actually interested in.

Anyway, it's a shame that there are so few good companion mods , I mean mods like Inigo or Benjamin Doon

And Sofia. You just can't listen to her and avoid spitting beverage all over your monitor whilst laughing...

I agree. Inigo and Benjamin Doon are some of the best followers ever.

However, I just don't like having a follower. I even buy Breezehome just so I can park Lydia there and not feel guilty about her slumming in the front hall at Dragonreach.

I second the 'what followers?'

The ones that are constantly on hot files I would happily do without. Actually, same for any female follower, whether packmule or 'unique' (e.g. Vilja, Sofia, etc.)

Only really care about the male follower mods, but there are so few of them (and none of which are what I'm after) I tend not to really look, due to having to slog through all the aforementioned female packmules.

Sadly, the tag system is pretty bad, so I can't even block the 'bad' followers so I only have the ones I'm actually interested in.

Yeah, I don't use followers anymore I play solo, that's not Bioware game where you can enjoy interesting and fun NPC relationship or dialogues.

Edited by Mandragorasprouts

There are a few interesting followers like INIGO, Recorder & Doon, but for the most the followers are terrible, and add to that the terrible AI with followers and I avoid them where possible.

Previously I always played with Convenient Horses which removed my need for a follower (I tend to loot too much), so currently play with one follower as a pack mule and get them to wait outside dungeons... for me.

There are a few interesting followers like INIGO, Recorder & Doon, but for the most the followers are terrible, and add to that the terrible AI with followers and I avoid them where possible.

Previously I always played with Convenient Horses which removed my need for a follower (I tend to loot too much)

Agree totally with this. Especially the part about Convenient Horses. Just set the horse's carry weight to whatever you prefer (which, realistically, should be many times what a humanoid follower can carry), add a backpack, pouches and a bandolier to your character, and you can loot hundreds of pounds of equipment and treasure (without having to sink too many points into stamina) in one go. No more having to hike back to a far-away dungeon to pick up loot/salvage that you were forced to drop, only to find out that the game engine "cleaned-up" the area while you were gone.

I'm in between... I obviously appreciate custom voiced followers more than any of these vanilla voice followers, I rarely download or even keep these vanilla voice followers in my game. However, I don't think that all these vanilla voice followers are necessarily bad. Some of them have a lot of effort put into them; ex. custom armor, warpaint, skin, backstory, ... basically the whole package expect a custom voice. Emphasis on 'some' though, for every high-effort follower mod you have to go through 5 low-effort follower mods...