[LE] Important info for mod authors regarding official HD texture pack

QuickFox

I am really confused now. I have been trying to follow the STEP guide a long with sharpshooters emb to make skyrim look at its best. And it does look gorgeous: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4047131/MyPublic/2013-03-11_00071.jpg

But some textures do still look strange and now when I am more aware of this I have started to notice other strange things, for example some "meshes" or what it is called is moving, or textures are moving over objects. For example if I look at a window and strafe I can see the window actually move in a direction a long with my movement. Or if I look at a stone wall and strafe I can see the texture moving over the stones. This is not normal right? :S How do I fix this?

I tried to follow the steps in this thread to fix the textures, but I still got texture that look like this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4047131/MyPublic/2013-03-12_00007.jpg

This was taken on a pole outside the blacksmith in Whiterun. Is it not supposed to look like that right? Do anyone have a picture of this pole with good textures?

I have tried to disable the texture packs and change the inis in Nexus, but I cant see any change whatever I do. Also I only see people talk and write changes in the ini about HighRes TexturePack 01 and 02. But I also have a 03 file. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4047131/MyPublic/2013-03-12_151205.png

Edited by mileafly

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear God, too much jargon. My head hurts just trying to understand half of what's in that first post.

I want to use the sexy cities mods (sexy solitude, sexy whiterun, ect.), but even disabling the HD textures bethesda gave, my game will still CTD. Any chance I can get some layman's terms on how to fix this?

Is it still necessary to do the uncheck texture packs / edit skyrim.ini file if you want to use simple texture replacement mods? I don't recall seeing many mod authors refer to this, but most of the mods I've installed so far have been for assets that probably weren't covered in the Bethesda packs.

• 8 years later...

First off, let me say that I'm very impressed with this mod. Absolutely can't express how beautiful Whiterun looks in the pictures.... However, I can't get it to run. Everyone on here seems so knowledgeable about modding, creating mods, and editing files... But I'm new to this. I don't know how to edit anything. So all the acronyms go right over my head. Is it possible to get it to just load on MO2 and run...? Without any of the hacker training?

I don't even have that Bethesda HD texture PAK. I do have other textures... Mainly for the food, silverware, furniture, rugs, and npc clothes. Would that be what's stopping this mod from loading? Like I said, I know next to nothing so any help would be appreciated.

I tried dragging the mod to the top of my load order and to the bottom, and to several spots in between. But it just won't work.