Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

i don't know but we have 3 textures packs if i'm correct

this fix speaks only about 2 so do i have to disable the third also

it sounds logic but with modding conflicts you never know

Way to bump an old thread. :smile:

Be careful with ini edits. The texture packs were distributed with (empty) esp's so that your mod LOAD ORDER dictates when they load. Any texture mods with their own esp, or installed as loose files, will correctly override the HD texture packs as long as they load AFTER the texture packs. Just make sure the texture packs load when they should; usually, HiResTexturePack esp's load first, right after the esm files.

IMHO, there is no good reason to add a bsa filename to a Skyrim ini file resource list. It complicates mod management and aggravates the ini files.

Edited by Lord Garon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i know this is an old thread and i hope i get answered, pretty new to this mod thing, maybe i have a week or 2, but getting there, there are some mods who have loose files, no .bsa, which i have discovered are the ones who have given me trouble, so looking for a solution i have just bumped into this thread, i have done the fix for the [archive] did it for the 3 highrespack, my problem is with some mods like, bandolier, cloaks of skyrim and so on, but i saw i didnt have problems with other mods, like immerse armor, which they use a .bsa file

the problem with this mods is that the items were invisible or still are...

is this fix still working for everyone for the last updates of the game?....i am still working to find a solution so i hope i can fix this, so if you can help me it would be awesome ;)

• 4 months later...

Now that there is texture pack 3 same?? And I read somewhere that one needs to put htem in particular places in the archives?? And the unofficial hd dlc texture patch?? And finally the unofficial optimization for the dlc's ??

I've had Beths hi res mishmash diabled for over a year. Nexus textures by Nexus artists are much superior.

Textures are all personal preference. Me I Prefer the HD textures from Bethesda as the min maps and over all texture isnt too sharp or over detailed. For ppl like me who have sensitive eyes fast movement through the game more detail textures will seem to strain my eyes more.

I work as an welder I turn one shade up on my helmet because of my eyes are more sensitive then most ppls.

• 3 months later...

This is an OLD thread and the basis for it (Archive Invalidation) is a non-issue in current Skyrim.

If you NEED three extra esp slots because you're at the esp limit, you can register bsa files loaded by dummy esp's in Skyrim.ini, delete the esp's, and load three more mods. If that doesn't make sense or apply to you, you don't need the "advice" in this thread.