Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

Just a little question, I did everything mentionned here and everything seems to be working, however, I just want to know, how can I add back the ESP to the skyrim data files if I need to? I selected "delete" in the data file selection of the launcher, but I just figured it might not be the best idea, as the I don't know any way to add it back?

You can try "verify integrity of game cache..." in the properties section of Skyrim. It might redownload the missing files.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little question, I did everything mentionned here and everything seems to be working, however, I just want to know, how can I add back the ESP to the skyrim data files if I need to? I selected "delete" in the data file selection of the launcher, but I just figured it might not be the best idea, as the I don't know any way to add it back?

You can try "verify integrity of game cache..." in the properties section of Skyrim. It might redownload the missing files.

You guys are all lucky i have been downloading this damn HD texture pack since 3pm eastern standard time and i am just now at 81% downloaded.Never again will i download a file this big through steam ever again.I am only getting 113kb download speed.Which sucks.I tried changing mirrors and still get the same speeds. :verymad:

This is huge.

Personally I have no idea how .bsa's and .esp's work. I know they've been around before Oblivion so Modders of titles like that and Fallout 3/NV are use to it.

But now that the HD pack is out, it seems some of my textures are showing up from User created Mods and other one's arent.

I'm going to try this out!

My understanding is that by doing these steps, it will allow for the HD Texture Pack to load and run, unless an overriding texture from a User Mod (placed within the Data/Textures folder) is there.

Is this correct? For User Mods that have .esp's I assume we keep checked?

EDIT: Tried this myself and tested it out with a comparison picture of the Iron Shield which was vastly upgraded in the new HD Pack DLC and I can confirm that all my User-made Mods remain and override any textures that are Vanilla or Bethesda HD Pack. And if not the HD Pack Remains.

So to speak the over-riding hiarchy is: User-Made Mods > Bethesda HD Pack DLC > Vanilla Textures.

Edited by btdvox

Blow by blow.

How to use the new Official Hi-Res texture pack with user created mods:

1. Disable or delete the esps that came with the official texture pack.

2. Backup then open

SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Skyrim_default.ini

&

Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

3. Change this in both files:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

To this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

4. Save both files.

Now user created mods will be able to override what they need to override in the official texture pack.

Alright, steps 2-4 are A-OK .... but what is an esps file and where is it located? I can't even find it with googles help! lol

Blow by blow.

How to use the new Official Hi-Res texture pack with user created mods:

1. Disable or delete the esps that came with the official texture pack.

2. Backup then open

SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Skyrim_default.ini

&

Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

3. Change this in both files:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

To this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

4. Save both files.

Now user created mods will be able to override what they need to override in the official texture pack.

Alright, steps 2-4 are A-OK .... but what is an esps file and where is it located? I can't even find it with googles help! lol

Simply go into the Skyrim Launcher and choose Data Files, then de-select the 2 ESP files.

Did all of that and now none of the npc's talk AT ALL! GAME BREAKING!!! Tried to start a new game and npc's won't trigger the next event.

BULL!!!

Works fine for me. Is it just on new games or for all your saves?

edit: Mind you I did not cut and paste the text above, I just added the last 2 entries so mine looks like this:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

Did you accidentally delete the sResourceArchiveList2 entry?

Works fine for me. Is it just on new games or for all your saves?

edit: Mind you I did not cut and paste the text above, I just added the last 2 entries so mine looks like this:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

Did you accidentally delete the sResourceArchiveList2 entry?

Tht fixed it for me thank you