My opinion of why fallout 4 is a good game. [spoilers]

zax141

I have VERY mixed feelings about FO4.. at first i hated it.. the building and handholding and the linear story where you HAVE to search for that Godawful kid?.and the ending just made me want to kill something.. then mods begun to make it more interesting,hell,i even build settlements now that SimSettlements is out.. but the storyline..oh my freaking god!! it´s so stupid that it makes you wanna puke!! and the countless times you stumble over something that COULD have been a great little sidestory,fleshing out a character or area.. you just get the appetizer and then.. nothing.. "move along citizen,nothing to see here".. it´s just annoying! but when(if) you force yourself to completely and absolutely ignore the storyline beeing forced down your throat.. it´s quite enjoyable,again,because of mods.. trouble is you HAVE to do main parts to get all factions roaming the Commonwealth.. which means you have to bloody save Nick and go through the damn dream sequence and all that bullcrap.. there is so many TEDIOUS quests that you (I,at least) just slog through to get to the good stuff..as an RPG FO4 is half-assed and badly implemented.. why someone at Bethesda thought it would be a good idea to force Settlement building down the throat of any and all players is beyond me.. but IF.. you just kill Kellog you´re free to roam the Commonwealth (sorta) all in all.. without mods this game would have been on the scrapheap a looong time ago..it´s not bad(with mods) it´s just NOT Fallout..it´s "The Boston Builder Shoot´em up".. nothing more

I was talking about this with a friend last night, a fellow Fallout 4 gamer.

He had a great example.

"Jj, remember your feelings with the new MacGyver TV series? Remember how you, I and a lot of other people HATE IT, because it's really NOT MacGyver? If they had called it anything else, it would have been a fun TV series. But clearly it was and is not MacGyver.

IF you can forget that this is NOT actually Fallout 4, but can rationalize it as a " spin off ", it's a bit easier to follow and play. That is where I am at now, trying not to see it as Fallout 4, but some sort of strange nuclear spin off. :P

.. Jj ...

Definitely a good game, but more of an empty shooting gallery than an rpg. Like the man above said, you have to forget it's fallout and probably forget fallout altogether... I did pay for fallout though so, yeah...

Edited by Seremoth