blove

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,151 posts
Yes, but you will not like it.

Get over the Steamophobia.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

You nailed it in one

My problem now is that i refuse to have Steam on my computer

Yup, that's the problem all right.  :rolleyes:

The simple solution is to get a FREE steam account and register your game -  That's assuming the game is legal to begin with. If not - please take your problem elsewhere as we do not support stolen games.

dring219

dring219

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Sinve my first games that came with steam , i have had NOTING but problems from my steam acct  , and computers that had steam on them . so i have found workarounds to remove steam completely from the install . I will never install a game anymore with steam included , unless i can strip it . Thanks for your help guys ,  it isnt your fault that i have my quirks about this . I appreciate your fast responses .

JimboUK

JimboUK

There's someone watching me, I can tell.

• Premium Member
  • 45,780 posts

Sinve my first games that came with steam , i have had NOTING but problems from my steam acct  , and computers that had steam on them . so i have found workarounds to remove steam completely from the install . I will never install a game anymore with steam included , unless i can strip it . Thanks for your help guys ,  it isnt your fault that i have my quirks about this . I appreciate your fast responses .

You really need to find out why you're having problems with Steam, using "workarounds" will cause you a lot of problems. 

dring219

dring219

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Ok , thanks .... problems with steam acct , where shall i start .

1. Required to install game

2. Auto updates even with bad patches with games

3. REQUIRES you to be online even with single player games even when set to offline mode

4. Bandwidth hog

5. no others computers can use internet with steam runningon 1 computer

6. ROKU wont work for streaming  , oh because i didnt turn system off with steam account on it

7. constantly streaming chat in my face , if i wanna chat , i will sign up for AOL acct

8. i play single player games for a reason , i am UNSOCIAL sometimes .

9. its always downloading or updating something

ok , sorry for the rant , i appreciate everyones help with my problem on getting FNV4GB+NVSE working on a STEAMless system . I will try to find something else that may work without Steam installed or try to edit the .exe myself if i am able to .

Thanks guys and gals for you getting back with me on a "dead" post . it was worth a shot to try to find a way to make this work .

Donnie

HardWorlder

HardWorlder

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok , thanks .... problems with steam acct , where shall i start .

1. Required to install game

2. Auto updates even with bad patches with games

3. REQUIRES you to be online even with single player games even when set to offline mode

4. Bandwidth hog

5. no others computers can use internet with steam runningon 1 computer

6. ROKU wont work for streaming  , oh because i didnt turn system off with steam account on it

7. constantly streaming chat in my face , if i wanna chat , i will sign up for AOL acct

8. i play single player games for a reason , i am UNSOCIAL sometimes .

9. its always downloading or updating something

ok , sorry for the rant , i appreciate everyones help with my problem on getting FNV4GB+NVSE working on a STEAMless system . I will try to find something else that may work without Steam installed or try to edit the .exe myself if i am able to .

Thanks guys and gals for you getting back with me on a "dead" post . it was worth a shot to try to find a way to make this work .

Donnie

This drove me so crazy I'm knowingly necroing a 2 year old thread. That is a list of 9 things, and they are ALL bull. I'm hoping in the time since you posted this you've been informed, but you are objectively wrong on EVERY point, except 8 and 6, which is a completely irrelevant.

Like most Steamaphobes, your fears are totally unfounded.

Though, I'd also like to know if anyone found an solution to this problem in the meanwhile. 

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

I was sure I addressed this long time ago, turns out I didn't.

I'll add a command to launch FNV4GB in the next release (I'll add it to the launch list on the top left corner, where you already got the FNV and NVSE launchers).

Sevlucent

Sevlucent

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

1 - according to the directions for the "mod" in question - you install it to your game directory not your data directory - therefore you DO NOT install it with NMM or FOMM -- you install it manually

2 - run the game directly from the FNV4gb.exe file that you just installed - it does start up steam for you if it is not already running.

3 - never tired to start FNV from NMM or FOMM because I never saw any purpose in doing so - but it works easily from this file directly

FYI the basic script extender for vegas works directly from the steam launcher for this game (even if you have asked steam to put said launcher on your desktop)

BTW 64bit Win7 running here.

Oh my, I have been trying to get this working for weeks now. Every tutorial I found just told me how to install it but it still wouldn't run 4GB correctly. Thank you! I can't believe your comment from 2012 saved the day for me now. 

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.104 seconds