skatimmy737

It sucks building settlements with low charisma. But if your character is smart enough to hack robots, why do you still need to charm the ones you build into acting as provisioners? Oxhorn inspired us all to build a better kind of provisioner. But I want to play as the Mechanist, not Tony Stark. Hence, the title of this mod request.

I'm no modder. I don't know if you can add a script to the level 3 Robotics Expert perk to allow robot (but not human or synth) settlers to create supply lines. But it would be great, especially as a nice workaround for a low charisma genius build.

I figure level 3 is appropriate because that perk allows you to issue specific commands to enemy robots. I dunno, makes sense. Sure it takes more levels to get robot provisioners this way, but that's the trade-off for being an antisocial weirdo with robot friends.

So am I crazy? Does this not sound like a great idea? Am I really the only person who has requested this? Help me out, wastelanders!

EDIT: Alternately, could a "torso misc" mod be added to the robot workbench (like the lockpick or hacking module) that allows a created robot to become a provisioner? This could have a Robotics Expert level 1 perk requirement if the whole "wait until level 44 to have robot provisioners" thing doesn't float your boat.

Edited by skatimmy737

Alternately, could a "torso misc" mod be added to the robot workbench (like the lockpick or hacking module) that allows a created robot to become a provisioner? This could have a Robotics Expert level 1 perk requirement if the whole "wait until level 44 to have robot provisioners" thing doesn't float your boat.

• 2 weeks later...

I build robo-provisioners all the time. I just build a protectron with the construction head and gun hands with the packs on. And I use a mod to convert my pack brahmin to eyebots. Go into the build menu and assign them to provisioner. I love to set 1 place like starlight as my shipping hub and run them from there to all the other settlements.

I build robo-provisioners all the time. I just build a protectron with the construction head and gun hands with the packs on. And I use a mod to convert my pack brahmin to eyebots. Go into the build menu and assign them to provisioner. I love to set 1 place like starlight as my shipping hub and run them from there to all the other settlements.

I think OP's issue is that you still need the Local Leader perk in order to do this, and he wants to use the Robotics Expert perk instead, at least when robots are involved.

\edit: keep in mind robot provisioners sometimes revert to basic protectrons. I had about 10 robot provisioners, and it happened to exactly one. I have no idea why.

Edited by pra

Thanks for clarifying, pra. Yes, my issue is assigning robots to act as provisioners without the local leader perk.

The more I think of it, the more appealing a misc torso mod (or "Provisioner Module") for the robot workbench sounds like the way to go. I would probably prefer having a Robotics Expert lvl 1 perk requirement (3 is way too high!), but beggars can't be choosers.

If anyone knows of a mod or overhaul that includes this idea, please let me know! Thanks.

I understand how to use provisioners and the Local Leader perk. I'm just suggesting an alternative method to link settlements for low charisma PCs. I think a misc torso mod or "Provisioner Module" option for the robot workbench would be the best way to implement this, contrary to my original post. Thanks for your comments!

Ahh...I see now. This wont change it to robotics or anything but will allow supply lines from day 1. (have not used it myself but remembered reading about it. Is on my tracked list.)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16661/?

"This mod allows the player to establish supply lines from the start of the game, without any perk requirements. It is a deceptively lightweight mod, and in fact only modifies a single record: the WorkshopLocalLeaderPerk_DO Default Object record. Instead of pointing to Local Leader 1, it now points toward the PlayerPerk record. You could also just use the console to give yourself Local Leader 1, but I prefer this method."

Ahh...I see now. This wont change it to robotics or anything but will allow supply lines from day 1. (have not used it myself but remembered reading about it. Is on my tracked list.)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16661/?

"This mod allows the player to establish supply lines from the start of the game, without any perk requirements. It is a deceptively lightweight mod, and in fact only modifies a single record: the WorkshopLocalLeaderPerk_DO Default Object record. Instead of pointing to Local Leader 1, it now points toward the PlayerPerk record. You could also just use the console to give yourself Local Leader 1, but I prefer this method."

Oh nice, thanks Tai! This will work nicely for now.

I just had another idea related to robot provisioners: if the provisioner is a) a robot and b) at least a certain minimal carrying capacity, he gets no Brahmin. Why do you need a beast of burden to accompany a truck?

Would that be doable?