Part of Riverwood Keeps Disappearing.

rasellersjr

Anyone have a clue what is happening in my Riverwood? It only happens in this spot. If I go around the buildings from the other side, everything is fine. It occasionally causes a CTD.

Follow the link for the Loot Order.

Running Windows 10, Core i7, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB.

Edited by rasellersjr

Good link!

No videos were found.

But f you have meshes and textures missing, you may have installed something with graphics in that area that over wrote vanilla, then uninstalled it and did not put the missing elements back.

Or it's LOOT playing up. I was never able to get that to work properly as it uses some algorithm to decide what should override what, rather then being told what's what from a master list or by me

I've tried several Riverwood house mods, 2 from the Nexus, one by a friend and one by myself, and sometimes there were rocks, bushes and part of the river missing when using both the Nexus mods and then removing them if I did not restore things properly. Now i use mine and my friend's, but I do everything manually and would never rely on LOOT to do it for me.

I fixed the link.

I don't rely completely on LOOT. There are several mods I take control of with Mod Organizer after running LOOT, then lock their load order. I did uninstall the Static Mesh mod and switched to Noble Skyrim. I'll see if I can fix it by switching back.

Too bad you had to remove ETaC. It is a really good area overhaul mod. ETaC's page has all sorts of info on the mods it might conflict with, and how to troubleshoot them. You should really take a close look. I think you'd like your game better with ETaC installed.

That video link is still not working.

But I'm glad your game is fixed for you.

Shame that the other mod seems to be deleting part of the place. Maybe there's an error in your version, because mods don't usually just remove vanilla elements without replacing them with something, EG a house across the river from Riverwood might remove some of the boulders on the river bank to give some more garden space, or a walkway, but having empty gaps and blank areas is unusual. It could be something to do with install or load order, I suppose. With replacers you often have to install in a certain order.

Ah, I quoted your post and copied the link and pasted into my browser and it worked. Before, it was taking me to My Youtube for some reason, and if I click on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EujvUQyOolA

I've never seen that before. It's not deleted, it's winking out of view. sort of reverse texture popping as you approach.

Weird.

Pretty odd about the Youtube link. That time I double and triple check to make sure it took me to the vid. Thanks for taking the time to figure that out and repost.

I searched high and low for an answer to this problem, but I'm getting nowhere. I've completely removed ETaC and the problem was resolved. I reinstalled and put it last in my load order and it still causes the issue. I've made a bug report on the mod page. Hopefully, it can be resolved at some point. Until then I'll have to do without that one.