tutorial: custom armor in CK

cecil101

Its ok your tut worked just fine , I was getting too focused on the CK model preview render , & tbh it dont matter at all if you custom models dont get drawn , if they worked as a direct replacement they will load when the game call for them . just dont forget you load orders as part of your ID in console

"Could you please do a tutorial on how to take a vanilla item, for example a thalmor robe, duplicate it and make the new item use a different texture? I have a mod that's set up to allow you to create 4 different thalmor robes, but I want each to be able to be crafted with a different texture."

Create a Texture Set for each new texture. (Ensure the textures, DDS files, are in the Skyrim directory.)

Then link to them with each new robe.

Make sure when you pack the archive the new texture DDS files are included.

"Could you please do a tutorial on how to take a vanilla item, for example a thalmor robe, duplicate it and make the new item use a different texture? I have a mod that's set up to allow you to create 4 different thalmor robes, but I want each to be able to be crafted with a different texture."

Create a Texture Set for each new texture. (Ensure the textures, DDS files, are in the Skyrim directory.)

Then link to them with each new robe.

Make sure when you pack the archive the new texture DDS files are included.

I cannot make a tutorial at the moment on how to do this, but i can tell you that all you need to do is create 4 copies of the _0 and _1 nifs. and just link the different textures to the different nifs you want. just name them seperatly and put them in the CK to inject them into the game.

When I create a .bsa archive, the _0.nif is never added. Any ideas how to solve this?

maybe try a different BSA unpacker.... Here is a resource I created for BSA unpackaging.... its not a tutorial but it does help with some common troubleshooting.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/525514-bsa-unpackaging/page__p__4281986__hl__%2Bbsa+%2Bunpacker__fromsearch__1#entry4281986