⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Sugar/pastry atronach

jpmonteith

I was looking for a simple mod idea that I could use to make a tutorial series, and I love this one. Wanted to let you know Pastry Atronach (not certain what the in-game name will be yet) is in progress.

I'm picturing a crazed chef-mage, with a chefs hat and maybe white mages robes. I'm trying to decide if they should only exist in one (radiantly selected) spot as part of a quest, or if they should just be added to the types of mages that might occur in various dungeons. What do you think?

Oh, yay! Want to see it in a video?

I decided that it is cast by a special type of conjurer called Cuisiniers. They occur very rarely in place of conjurers (added to the leveled characters using a quest script, should not conflict with anything)

I'll probably post the mod tomorrow. Open to suggestions for other Cuisinier spells.

This is partially how I invisioned it, but it's f*#@ing amazing how it is. Sorry I wasn't around earlier, but dude, this made my night here. It's not every day I find out an idea of mine got made into something. I like the idea of insane baker mages too, I kinda want them to be wielding something like spoons for maces, or something now. Holy s#*!, I kinda wanna see them conjure other things too, like I dunno, other kinds o' food or drink atronachs. What would be the chances of the booze atronach, or the meat monster? Maybe even seasons greeting you like spriggans, if ya' get what I mean.

Idea about the whole thing. How about a gang of disgruntled, magical chefs that the dragonborn could either join, or fight. It could have quest line, and these chefs could be stealing sweetrolls from literally everyone, and then keeping them all in a vault somewhere.

Edit: By the way, I had the whole idea of this atronach, because Bethesda has a hard-on for sweet rolls in some of their games, but also it was an idea for a rare monster to be in another idea I had, which I posted in the Fallout 4 Steam forums.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/135514231765322150/

Take a look and have fun. Things have run stagnant with it, and I feel sorta' entertained by how people mostly seem to react positive to the idea. It was me figuratively throwing s*** at the wall outta' both bordom, and excuse for my desire to play an argonian in a post cataclysmic wasteland of Tamriel.

Edited by jpmonteith

XD I do like the idea of there being an explanation for "someone stole your sweet roll?"

Atronach variations and a short quest line were already on my list of possible updates! Cuisiniers are kind of hard to come across right now, and I would like there to be one location of guaranteed encounters.