Anyone knows what these package settings do?

vkz89q

So, I made a travel package with multiple locations, but I have no idea what to set these settings for:(all of them are true or false)

ForceSoftRadius and ForceHardRadius <-- not sure what happens if I turn them to true or false.

IgnoreHeading <-- No idea what this does either.

AllowWarpInDialogue <-- No idea, does this mean dialogue as talking to someone or what?

I'm trying to Google for these but can't find exactly what they do. I guess I can just put them to whatever vanilla packages are set for.. but still I won't know what they are doing.

If anyone knows, please tell me.

ForceSoftRadius and ForceHardRadius - this is used when an actor has to be in a specific spot or not for a scene, those mini-dialog moments when the player comes upon other NPCs talking to each other when the player is meant to overhear, softradius vs hardradius is most likely for how "tight" the tolerance is for a scene in relation to the targeted xmarker, such as if an NPC can be moving in the scene for example.

IgnoreHeading - used when an actor is directed to an xmarkerheading, basically a standard xmarker with a directional component for how an actor has to be positioned. Can be reused by other packages sometimes, with the flag set the package will ignore the directional component so the actor will still travel to spot but the facing direction is not important, again used mainly in scenes

AllowWarpInDialogue - not completely sure on this one, it's only used once for Haylen in the base game during a moving scene where she is arriving in a room while speaking while at the same time the player is engaged in dialog with another NPC (Quinlan). My guess is it's used to allow for a type of "dramatic entrance" where an NPC is allowed to use their own dialog to interrupt a conversation between the player and another NPC which is normally a 1 on 1 type of thing.

This is not 100% gospel just FYI, merely my understanding of those flags. The actual official documentation on them is rather lacking as you've pointed out.