How do i resize a normal .DDS texture?

SodaMazing

I'm making myself a personal retexture mod for Fallout, all i wanna do is resize a normal texture because of it's exaggeratingly large size, however its hard for me to exactly accomplish that; Attempting to do so via Paint.NET makes the normal texture in-game look bad, this is because, at least for me only, Paint.NET doesn't have an option to toggle and/or export masks from DDS files (if i'm saying that correctly). So i tried other options, i tried DDS Viewer to resize, but for no reason whatsoever it doesn't work, as the size keeps resetting itself when i try to apply it. I tried using the Skyrim Optimizer Texture program, but no matter what i do, it does not detect the .DDS file.

So i am completely stuck, i have no idea what software i could use to resize the .DDS file to a smaller size, is there some sort of software out there than can guaranteeingly do so? Or is there some sort of way i can toggle Masks in Paint.NET? (Like an option i overlooked or a separate plugin).

I don't use Paint.NET myself (I use Photoshop CS6 along with the Intel Tool) but why not convert the .dds to a .png file. Then make your size alteration on the .png and save it. Then reload that .png into Paint.NET and convert it back to a .dds

(or something along those lines)

This thread might have some useful info

edit: also this thread

Edited by AGreatWeight

I don't use Paint.NET myself (I use Photoshop CS6 along with the Intel Tool) but why not convert the .dds to a .png file. Then make your size alteration on the .png and save it. Then reload that .png into Paint.NET and convert it back to a .dds

(or something along those lines)

This thread might have some useful info

edit: also this thread

The Alpha Mask plugin managed to solve my problem. Thank you very much.