tesv.exe application error 0xc000001d

airgear92

So i got this error 1 week ago tesv.exe application error 0xc000001d,been trying to fix it.Skyrim was working fine before.Then i stop playing for 3 days,i run skse like usual and bam error.So i un-installed every mod i have,re-install one by one checking to see what was the problem.And it's enb wich is causing problem, specifically d3d9.dll.This is what the event log says.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2017-04-25 10:00:18 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Faulting application name: TESV.exe, version: 1.9.32.0, time stamp: 0x51437ce5
Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5887a5b1
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x009be002
Faulting process id: 0x2860
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2be30da5afaec
Faulting application path: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\TESV.exe
Faulting module path: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\d3d9.dll
Report Id: 4e8701e6-ac67-4242-be50-26d49a3d3bca
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-26T02:00:18.536177600Z" />
<EventRecordID>1055</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-10N2P1V</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>TESV.exe</Data>
<Data>1.9.32.0</Data>
<Data>51437ce5</Data>
<Data>d3d9.dll</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.1</Data>
<Data>5887a5b1</Data>
<Data>c000001d</Data>
<Data>009be002</Data>
<Data>2860</Data>
<Data>01d2be30da5afaec</Data>
<Data>C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\TESV.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\d3d9.dll</Data>
<Data>4e8701e6-ac67-4242-be50-26d49a3d3bca</Data>
For me all of that is gibberish lol But i did search trough google to find the solution and i couldnt.
So could anyone help me fix this?

Same Error here. Using MO to launch the game start giving this error. Skyrim successfully launches trough the Steam and trough SKSE (from game folder), but launching it trough MO (both vanilla and skse) causes this error.

I'm suffering the same error, also on Windows 10, as of just a few days ago. It's definitely related to ENB - launching Skyrim without ENB does not trip the error, and launching it with the ENB d3d9.dll invariably does, regardless of whether it's through MO or not. I've also been able to use a SweetFX d3d9.dll just fine.

The problem for me started when my computer installed the Windows Creators Update, which is (as far as I can tell) the only thing that could have caused the game to stop working for me literally overnight. It seems that that error code relates to the program not being able to access a resource it needs, so that update must have changed or moved some component that ENB is expecting... and since Boris isn't interested in working on compatibility for Windows 10, it may well be borked forever, unless someone can identify what got screwed up.

I'm suffering the same error, also on Windows 10, as of just a few days ago. It's definitely related to ENB - launching Skyrim without ENB does not trip the error, and launching it with the ENB d3d9.dll invariably does, regardless of whether it's through MO or not. I've also been able to use a SweetFX d3d9.dll just fine.

The problem for me started when my computer installed the Windows Creators Update, which is (as far as I can tell) the only thing that could have caused the game to stop working for me literally overnight. It seems that that error code relates to the program not being able to access a resource it needs, so that update must have changed or moved some component that ENB is expecting... and since Boris isn't interested in working on compatibility for Windows 10, it may well be borked forever, unless someone can identify what got screwed up.

Same issue and the ONLY thing I've added to Win 10 is the new update from last week for 'creators'. Wonder if Microcough broke something with DX9 games. I know they have some DX12 update coming out pretty soon.

Hi everyone, i found something, it work for me, i update windows 10 and i got the same issue,

what we need to do is change the compatibility setting to "Run as an Administrator" and unselect the "Compatibility mode" if u have selected

right click >properties>Compatibility

the files we need to change are these:

in the skyrim main folder

TESV.exe

SkyrimLauncher.exe

skse_loader.exe

the Mod manager we use

ModOrganizer.exe

NMM.exe

and the other tools

Loot.exe

Wrye Bash.exe

Tes5edit.exe

other thing i found was that my NvidiaExpirience driver was not updated

I hope this can Help

Edited by IMAetAR

Hello, exactly as IMAetAR said above, if TESV.exe, SkyrimLauncher.exe or skse_loader.exe have the option to run in compatibility mode active with any of the previous windows operating system like Win7 or 8, remove the compatibility mode on all 3 files.

Edited by exionara