Mod Troubles & Conflicts

hechtic

I had a great deal of trouble getting mods to working at. NMM didn't work. Installing manually didn't work. What did work, at least initially, was Mod Organizer. I started out with just a handful of mods:

• DEF_UI
  • Everyone's Best Friend
  • Companion Infinite Ammo

These all worked great. So I decided to install a few more:

• Scrap Everything
  • Thematic and Practical
  • Sim Settlements
  • Scrappy Signs
  • Main Box
  • Eisenwolf's Legacy
  • Symbiotic Settlements
  • Settlement Keywords Expanded

Some of these were just required by the mods that I really wanted. Mostly I was interested in Scrap Everything. I went to town in Sanctuary scraping all the debris, trash, leave piles, etc. When it was nice and tidy. I started to build some things and saw that the settlement building menu was missing things. I couldn't build walls or any generator other than than the fusion one, for example. Obviously there was some sort of conflict.

So I exited the game, remove Thematic and Practical, and tried to restart it. But Mod Organizer was spitting errors. I couldn't get it to launch the game. So I reinstalled that as well. I could never get it to start the game, so I went back to using the original shortcut. The game launched. Yea! Everyone's Best Friend and DEF_UI were working. Yea again! But all the work i did with Scrap Everything in Sanctuary and elsewhere was undone. And worse, Scrap Everything wasn't working. I tried multiple things to get it functional again, but to no avail.

I'm not that far into the game, but I have discovered 5-6 settlements, gotten to Diamond City, etc and I'd hate to restart if I have to. Also, I'd never know if this issue would come back. So any suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Andrew

I found a solution that solved the problem. Downloaded the Universal missing menus fixer:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12192/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D12192&pUp=1

Just installed this mod via Mod Organizer and all the missing Settlement Categories returned AND Scrap Everything started working again. I'm a happy wastelander!

You'll want to put anything that touches menus near the top of your load order AWKCR, AE/WE, then anything that touches cells. Usually you'll also want scrap mods at the bottom. I had some issues with Spring Cleaning and Scrap Everything (individually at first) until I put the scrap mods at the bottom.