[Mod Request] MGSV: TPP Improved Textures

LindonKlayz

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was a modder out there that would be willing to go out and modify the textures for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and improve them in the process. I'm only asking for this because the textures at the "Extra High" setting still look pretty bad to look at from most angles and points of view and espeically once you're in first person and crawling along the ground. Alongside this, there are a fair amount of people, including me who have access to higher amounts of VRAM to use. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain uses around 2.2 GB VRAM with Extra High textures enabled at 1920 x 1080 and I would love it if people could use the extra VRAM that's available by having improved textures on certain details such as some of the ground textures.

I will understand if this can't be done, as I know the Fox Engine isn't the most moddable engine available for users.

Thanks,

Candlewandle (Lindon)

Edited by Candlewandle

I'm told that as long as the textures are scaled appropriately (2048x2048 -> 4096x4096) then the game loads the hi-res textures just fine. However, there's a size limitation for how much can be packed into a .pftxs before the textures start to bug out.

tl;dr this mod is possible to make, but the modder needs to be wary of .pftxs file sizes. Unfortunately, the TPP modding community isn't blessed with talented artists, like the bethesda community. It might be a while before anyone picks up this idea.

Alright,

Thank you for this information. I hope some day it'll be a thing, however I don't expect it to since Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was released back in September 2015. I wanted this basically due to the fact that even at 1080p and above (even at 4K), "Extra High" textures sometimes look awful, especially the ground textures in the Africa map for the game. Glad you gave some worthwhile information.

~ Candlewandle (Lindon)