Hotkeys mod error usng Modern Firearms

darkeknight007

I am having an issue using hotkeys mod with MF. When I attempt to use a MF weapon ((MF SR47) NSWC SR47 General purpose rifle) via an hotkey, I immediately get the error "You have no Ammo Effect: USSR 7.62x39." I get this error with multiple rifles. I noticed the rifles that worked has the (MF Custom) prefix in hotkey menu, so I made sure to create all rifles with MF custom option. I thought making the rifles unique would correct issue but did not work. Thanks for any help you can provide. 1. MF Ver 2.41, Hotkeys Ver. 1.2

Edited by darkeknight007

You have to heavily edit the leveled lists in this mod because they screw up the unique legendary vanilla weapons and the melee weapons are messed up too because of this mod. You also have to make a merged patch between this mod and all other mods you have affecting guns and armor leveled lists. Without some neutering this mod can screw up your game. For me the only major issue I have left is that when switching between auto and semi fire or different scope options it doesn't show the message box indicating the change but the gun does change.

Thanks Dragonslayer for your reply, are you saying there is a problem with leveled lists caused by MF, which is causing this issue? The mod is working for the most part, thought it was a simple known issue. I do receive the message box when switching between firing options.

The author stated he doesn't like melee weapons so he replaced ALL melee weapons lists with MF guns... that is just one example but there are many. I will try to get a list of what LL I still have in that mod so you can compare and delete all others. Who wants to replace ALL weapons with stuff from only one mod? The way I have it setup for myself there is everything vanilla to MF to other mods stuff just like anyone else would do. This game can be a real butthurt emo when just one thing is done wrong. Take the sanctuary restored series of mods here on nexus for example, I helped the author track down a bug with xmarkers and activators that if disabled in sanctuary you can get certain quests to work like the first BoS radio distress mission and so on. Everything has to be just right with mods or this game screws up all over. The unofficial patch mod page is a good read for how much stuff can go wrong all by itself without mods.

I've looked into Modern Firearms and all i can say is: Don't use it. Its messed up and will do the same to your game. The leveled lists are completely messed up. It has problems with textures beeing streched, missing etc. Some weapons are utterly broken, like inverted recoil. Animations are not fitting for the weapon, they just used the same animation for every weapon, even there are existing animations, that would fit much better. This mod goes for quantity not quality. There are a lot of other weapon mods on the nexus, you should stick to them.

BTW, Dragonslayer, I noticed that the old hotkeys.ini file has scripts that work but doesn't display any messages to let you know that you have successfully switched options. Maybe that has something to do with your issue? I provided a link to the old hotkeys.ini for reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxA0WzGokg_jYWlCempPdDgydXM/view

Yeah thats the funny thing about this mod it never came with a hotkeys.ini file for v2.41 I downloaded it from their official site and it just never came with that file. I had to figure out what should be there and get it working right.

Here is what my file looks like

[Macros]

spd=sucsm 3

[Hotkeys]

F2=tm

F3=tfc

Z=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchFireMode"

N=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchUnder"

X=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchAimPoint"

Y=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchBipod"

L=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchSuppressor"

P=cgf "ModernFirearmsModSwitchScript.SwitchAO"

U=cqf WestTek_GoggleControlQuest GoggleToggle

I also use the westek tactical goggles mod so that is in there too.

I checked under FO4EDIT and under the message section there is only one message available to show the player it is mfmsg_switch_fail there are no other entries in that section. That is why I don't see anything when switching weapon fire modes or other stuff so if I want those messages badly enough I am gonna have to make them myself.

I remembered what I did mostly with the leveled lists, first you will have to look at all of them with FO4EDIT and see where the modders REMOVED the vanilla entries for things like 10mm pistol and other vanilla LL then drag them back over so they are all in there again along side the mod entries. They removed the vanilla entries because they don't like vanilla weapons as if we all feel the same way or something:-( Next you need to delete ALL entries for melee weapons just delete them so the game will provide vanilla entries again. Melee weapon enchantments for unique items don't work correctly for guns and the mod authors clearly didn't give a dam about it. Without a mod that can edit legendary effects you can't remove the enchantments. Delete ALL entries for energy weapons lists ALL of them. Those lists screw up unique energy weapons like the gun sold by that vendor in diamond city or the gun you get from brandis if you help him get back to the BoS and so on. they will have screwed up mesh parts from this mod mixing in with vanilla energy weapon parts. By restoring the vanilla entries into some lists like submachine gun lists you won't get a screwed up version of spray n pray with wrong mesh parts stuck in there. I deleted some of the armor lists for gunners and BoS because they kept showing up with those ugly vests on instead of combat armor but I left some of them in for raiders and a few for gunners along side the vanilla entries. If you use custom combat armor it is important to see how that handles combat armor leveled lists too so this mod won't screw up that mod control of combat armor. Delete the npc actor edits for melee all of them too.

I nerfed the damage settings for all guns to line up with vanilla weapons except the big guns like ATG or vulcan. Those guns keep things interesting at any level and one thing I noticed about the kwk 88mm gun is that when found on an enemy it is usually a super mutant and they can't seem to fire the gun at me. Usually it is setup to fire a nuke but they still won't fire it at me even from far away. I usually find one at that construction site with the unfinished building near bunker hill but only after level 90 something or higher. The biggest problem with the kwk 88mm is the multiple explosion ammo. There is no accurate way to fire that ammo you have to know how to use it by experience and there is too much chance of danger close situation with it. I usually assault quincy with it at least once but the gun has to be fired from so far away that some enemies don't render yet and so they are not affected by it at that range. Best place to use that gun is dunwich borers or that other hole in the ground near sanctuary. Get it just right and all the ammo goes directly inside those quarries killing everything inside. The game will come to a screeching halt after firing the gun only once though because it sets off a LOT of explosions and the game doesn't like to render lots of explosions at once.

There are some sound remake mods here on nexus for MF mod that do a better job for the ATG sound but it also plays for the vulcan so what I did was made my own sound setting in FO4EDIT for the ATG and used the remake sound for it while keeping the vulcan on the original sound.

I just checked the old v2.11 esp of this mod and that too only has the one message entry then I checked another esp that I had it was named specifically v2.41 and it also has only one message entry. I don't know where everyone else was getting the MF mod that came with more than one message entry but from their official site it only has one entry.

@zzyxzz

Yes the mod is really messy but half the fun is fixing it the other half is getting all the special pieces to mod the guns it adds to the crafting experience. Being able to switch between single fire and auto fire on the spot or pop out a bipod for increased accuracy on the spot totally beats other weapon mods that usually just include one gun. I have changed the sound effects so many times it also became part of the fun messing with this mod finding kick ass sound effects for guns:-) BLAMBLAMBLAM DAKKADAKKADAKKA BLAMBLAMBLAM!!!!! hell yeah more fun than firing vanilla weapons thats for sure.

Edited by dragonslayer2k12

@zzyxzz

Yeah, I know the mod has its issues but I really enjoy the variety and options. Besides I do believe it can be improved if enough time is spent using it.

@Dragonslayer2k12

Thanks for the detailed information, I'm gonna look into editing the leveled lists and tailor it to my game. I know the mod has issues but I must admit I really enjoy the mod. As far as the message displaying when changing options, I think it has something with the new scripts in FO4hotkeys 2.1. There are pipboy Aid items(scripts listed at the bottom of the list) that you can click to change the options instead of using hotkeys. So what I was/am doing is setting those Aid items(scripts) as assigned hotkeys using the Hotkey Manager under Aid in pipboy. Thats when I get the messages. Thanks again.

I think those aid options were for xbox users and I never used them. The message must be something written in the scripts then instead of the message thing but since we don't have the source files for the scripts we can't see what the scripts actually are. All LL stuff I mentioned you have to do before starting a new game because it all runs at game start not just before you encounter the unique items in the game world. When I first started playing this mod I got MF mod weapons right away like the mp7 instead of the 10mm pistol I got so many AKs I could scrap a bunch of them for parts and have the bestest gun in no time but nothing else no vanilla weapons. All the melee fighters were gone replaced by shooters it was really boring without some crazy guy running at me in the middle of a gun fight with a baseball bat. I use custom combat armor mod and it does specific things with combat armors for different factions using it like gunners and raiders and BoS which MF mod totally conflicted with.

Just thought about this, maybe I am not seeing the messages because I use the lite version of hotkeys mod not the full version? I mean the lite version works why bother with full version anyway? So it must be something only in full version that shows those messages. I was looking at the v2.5 beta files esp and found additional messages in there for ammo type switching.

Edited by dragonslayer2k12