502 Bad Gateway errors

Rabbit1251

The site is becoming more and more difficult to use since the upgrade to the new look. I almost always have to refresh a mod screen. The site overall is sluggish while other websites are not. Half the time when I look at the category list and click on a category the clickable page blocks show but the files don't. I really wish they had kept it the way it was.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been experiencing 502 error's constantly. I thought it was my internet but when I did a search on 502 it seems to be issues with server/network side of the website. Pages take forever to load which I am assuming is part of the 502 error's. I dont know what webhost provider Nexusmods uses but I would be getting in contact with them and raise hell.

It's unbelievable how bad the Nexus has gotten. I'm a premium member but I feel as if I was suddenly relegated to "third world table scrap eater" tier of service. 502s are pretty much guaranteed every time I pull up the site from anywhere (home, mobile, another location, etc). It takes forever to switch from tab to tab, and both the site and the NMM periodically forget my premium status. And download speeds are giggleworthy in this day and age, it takes five minutes to pull down a five megabyte file sometime. Welcome back to the early nineties, if I was operating a site at these speeds, I'd hang myself out of sheer shame.

And DDOS attacks have nothing to do with it unless the site is being DDOSed 24x7x365, this happens at any time of day or night.

Fun stuff. When my premium expires, I'm definitely not renewing until the site's performance is sorted out. There's such a thing as biting off more than you can chew, and that's what seems Nexus has done, it's gotten too big for its britches and is now paying the price. Which is hella unfortunate, I always thought that the Nexus network was the go-to place when mods were concerned.

This is getting ridiculous, I can't even download anything without it timing out repeatedly or failing part way through the download. Not to mention page load times and 502 errors making it take 5x as long just to get the download clicked in the first place.

ive also been getting slow speeds and 502/504's constantly with a premium membership. takes several refreshes before the web page even pops up then i still have to browse through the tabs and find the file i want to download. very irritating and needs to be fixed ASAP. Anyone know if they're working on this problem or have reached out to us at all?

I agree - but they also said - starting last night - the sight would BE DOWN as they were ... well read the notice.

NO - agreed this was a serious issue before yesterday's "DOWN TIME NOTICE" --- and I was / am not seriously happy. But I do believe they are trying to fix this issue - part of the steps was the NOTICE of yesterday-today's 'down time'.

I still think they need to have a "FRONT DOOR" server - where this is a SAMPLE of the sight and to 'get into the main servers and such' you HAVE to become a REG USER to enter. Yes a slight extra step for us all - but I think it would fix a lot (NO NOT ALL) the issues currently being the problem.

Yes, I recently became a premium member (life time) and felt - "WTF did I just do?" --- but they are aware and they are trying to fix it ... just some fixes are not very easy - can be costly in time and $$$$ - and then you have to deal with the 'fall out'.

I seriously hope they are taking the right steps to get this solved - as I would hate to see it FALL TO ASHES ..... they've gone to far to let that happen, I hope.

For the last few weeks the website has been terribly slow, but in the late late evening it gets a lot better. Its just the nexus sites not my connection that i am sure. I read all the updates to new servers, DDOS, etc.

Echoing JJb54 in the above post, I have a question and possible suggestion.

Why not have different servers for the premium members? I know we can already use premium seervers to DL faster but how about extending the premium benifits to allow premium users to access the site itself faster without these constant down times.

I also think it would encourage a lot and i mean a lot more users to become premium users.