NMM not installing mods to correct folders

Zelvik333

Okay, I have been trying to make sure that I am correctly installing my mods. I have followed how they are supposed to be installed. But, as luck would have it, I can't get my mods to work.

My issues seems to be with NMM. For some reason, it always installs my mods to the following folder: E:\games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Virtualinstall\ and then a random number (in this case it was 95766).

I am trying to install CBBE.

My game install folder is E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Fallout 4

According to CBBE install directions and notes, all of the files should be loaded in the Fallout 4\Data\textures\actors\character folder. And also to the Fallout 4\data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\CBBE.esp\Sliders.json. When I go and look in these locations, they are empty.

But, when I go to the E:\games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Virtualinstall\95766\ folder, I find everything... :mad: :wallbash: WHY!?!?!?

Can I just cut and paste these to the correct locations?

Why is it not installing to the correct folders?

I am new to modding yes, but this is nuts. Can someone please help? :huh:

Edited by Zelvik333

Okay, I have been trying to make sure that I am correctly installing my mods. I have followed how they are supposed to be installed. But, as luck would have it, I can't get my mods to work.

My issues seems to be with NMM. For some reason, it always installs my mods to the following folder: E:\games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Virtualinstall\ and then a random number (in this case it was 95766).

I am trying to install CBBE.

My game install folder is E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Fallout 4

According to CBBE install directions and notes, all of the files should be loaded in the Fallout 4\Data\textures\actors\character folder. And also to the Fallout 4\data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\CBBE.esp\Sliders.json. When I go and look in these locations, they are empty.

But, when I go to the E:\games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Virtualinstall\95766\ folder, I find everything... :mad: :wallbash: WHY!?!?!?

Can I just cut and paste these to the correct locations?

Why is it not installing to the correct folders?

I am new to modding yes, but this is nuts. Can someone please help? :huh:

you have to go to NMM config and set up the correct paths or NMM will install to a dummy folder and obviously wont be seen by the game when it loads. http://prntscr.com/f34vg7