Blender to Skyrim Creation kit

Xenocraft1212

Hi i'm attempting to create my first custom weapon mod but i'm having trouble getting the mesh from blender, (which is where I made it) to work in the creation kit. All the tutorials are horribly out of date, I've tried looking for hours but haven't gotten very far. Can anyone explain this to me on blender 2.78 on windows ten to a functional nif, or know of an up to date tutorial on this. I've been doing mod videos for a while but have recently started out modding, and would appreciate the help, thanks!

The point i've gotten to is converting the .blend fire to nif by exporting the mesh as obj from blender. Then importing obj in nifskope 1.2.0 and exporting as nif. This .nif file, however, does not work in the skyrim special edition creation kit, the mesh is shown as a red exclamation point.

• 4 years later...

The point i've gotten to is converting the .blend fire to nif by exporting the mesh as obj from blender. Then importing obj in nifskope 1.2.0 and exporting as nif. This .nif file, however, does not work in the skyrim special edition creation kit, the mesh is shown as a red exclamation point.

That's what I'd recommend, too. The Blender Nif-Plugin works, but it is quite difficult to setup correctly, especially for a beginner.

On a side note: Instead of creating a weapon from scratch in Nifskope (which is again difficult for a beginner with all the settings and adjustments you have to make), you can take a similar weapon from the Vanilla game as a "blueprint":

Extract the Skyrim meshes BSA, search for a weapon that is similar to yours (e.g. choose a one-handed sword if you want to make a one-handed sword yourself). Then load that original weapon .nif file into Nifskope, import your custom meshes in OBJ format and replace the Bethesda meshes with them. Adjust size, rotation and alignment if necessary and save under a new custom name. If you only have SE, you have to convert the original Bethesda mesh you use as a "blueprint" to LE .nif format first. This can be done in SSE Nif optimizer.

If you need a more thorough explanation, this tutorial is IMHO still helpful, even if it's years old.

• 4 weeks later...