Skyrim Civil War - Peace Talk Overhaul

Hello everyone, IncarnationofInsanity here.

I'm relatively new to the Nexus, so I don't know if there is something like what I want already out, but here I go.

In the vanilla game, there is the Season Unending quest, which grants a temporary truce, but that only lasts until the end of the main quest, and in order to complete the civil war quest chain, you still eventually have to choose a side. As a player who plays exclusively Dunmer characters, it does not feel right for me to join either side of the war.

What I would like to see is a mod similar to the Paarthurnax Dilemma, which, if you didn't know, allows you to talk the Blades out of getting you to kill Paarthurnax, meaning that you end up with the support of both the Blades and the Greybeards, except for the Skyrim Civil War.

I would like to be able to convince both sides of the war that continued combat is in neither of their best interests, and that removing the Thalmor is a much better solution. Ideally, this quest overhaul would result in the immediate termination of the civil war quest chain, and the Thalmor embassy becoming empty, and all Thalmor Justicars and soldiers disappearing from Skyrim.

I would make the mod myself, but i have no experience in coding, and have neither the time nor the patience to learn. If someone would be willing to make this mod for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

The Incarnation of Insanity

I have never been able to learn how to manipulate quests, but this does sound like a splendid and much-needed mod.

If I may make the suggestion of leaving the Thalmor in place, and creating a quest line to rid Skyrim of them, one embassy and hideout at a time. Perhaps the occasional radiant quest ("We've found them hiding here...go get them.")

Or, like at the end of the civil war, where there are still the occasional camps and enemies, one might encounter a small Thalmor patrol. Instead of having to aggro them to kill them without bounty, they would be regarded then as bandits, and everybody would kill them on sight.

That's actually a pretty good idea,and I'm a bit disappointed I didn't think of it myself. A new quest chain to drive the Thalmor out of Skyrim would be awesome, and if someone was willing to make such a mod,that would be brilliant. However,I'm concerned about how difficult it would be to remove and completely change the vanilla civil war. I don't want to cause anyone a great deal of trouble.

I wasn't thinking for it to go that far. From what I gather, from both Ulfric and Tullius, both armies are pretty weak and in no shape to go on the offensive, but I feel like they could still come together to oust the remaining Thalmor from within Skyrim, and leave the offensive to another mod, game, etc.

Nothing is perfect. Even in vanilla, after you "win" the war, you have camps to attack. I think this way, again for someone who knows how to do quests, which I don't, it would offer the main solution to the civil war, but still leave the player some options to continue picking on the Thalmor if they want.