Amondra

I've had this issue for a while now, and I really sorry if this isn't the right place, but no matter what I do I can't get SSE to run with an ENB. The screen goes black like it's attempting to boot then just crashes and goes to the desktop with no warning.

Now here is the thing I can get ENBs to run on Oldrim no problem and I can get Reshades to run on SSE no problem, and I've followed ENB instructions to the letter and I'm still getting the same thing.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

First up I have to ask: are you trying to use Oldrim ENBs with SE? (Sorry but want to make sure!! ). They won't work.

That aside, I assume you have installed the ENB ENBLocal.ini and ENBSeries.ini files as usual? Don't put any memory lines in it like we did in Oldrim. If there are lines about the memory in the ENBLocal, take them out.

I use Rudy ENB in SE. Here's my ENBLocal.ini - not a lot in it:

[ENGINE]
ForceVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=61.0

[iNPUT]
KeyCombination=16
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyFPSLimit=36
KeyShowFPS=106
KeyScreenshot=45
KeyEditor=13

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=

Oh, and don't forget the usual lines like Treesrendershadows in the SkyrimPrefs.ini

I have tried 3-4 ENBs in SE, no problems they work well, though not as epic as they were in the old game version.

Hope this might help.

First up I have to ask: are you trying to use Oldrim ENBs with SE? (Sorry but want to make sure!! ). They won't work.

That aside, I assume you have installed the ENB ENBLocal.ini and ENBSeries.ini files as usual? Don't put any memory lines in it like we did in Oldrim. If there are lines about the memory in the ENBLocal, take them out.

I use Rudy ENB in SE. Here's my ENBLocal.ini - not a lot in it:

[ENGINE]

ForceVSync=true

VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]

EnableFPSLimit=true

FPSLimit=61.0

[iNPUT]

KeyCombination=16

KeyUseEffect=123

KeyFPSLimit=36

KeyShowFPS=106

KeyScreenshot=45

KeyEditor=13

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=false

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=

Oh, and don't forget the usual lines like Treesrendershadows in the SkyrimPrefs.ini

I have tried 3-4 ENBs in SE, no problems they work well, though not as epic as they were in the old game version.

Hope this might help.

Yeah I am trying to use SSE specific ENBs, Rudy's was one of the ENBs I was trying to use, lol.

And yeah, put everything where I was supposed to and even doubled checked I wasn't forgetting anything. I will double check and see if a memory line is showing up in the local though. I wasn't adding one so I don't think there should be one.

This is why it's so weird to me, because I don't have the slightest clue why any ENB I try for SSE just refuses to work.

Hmm. You don't have the game on the Program Files directory in Windows, by any chance? File permissions are known to cause problems in those folders.

Or you could check your Anti-Virus is set to allow the Skyrim SE directories to work without checking launched files on the fly. The ENB DLLs and Exes may be being blocked.

My AV is set to ignore activity in the Skyrim folders for everything but a general scan.

• 1 year later...

yep i have a similar issue with the recent most enb binaries, follow it all to the letter but it just say loading cache plese wait, waiting does no good as i tried that but checking the task manager i can see the game is not responding, but i am using all the hdt mods not sure if conflict.

Edited by swoerd

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same exact problem. It just CTD before the skyrim logo at "Compiling Shaders". I've tried installing the fallout 4 ENBSeries and it works but, skyrim enbs don't work. Oldrim work fine. It's 2020, and a lot of users have this problem. Will we ever get a fix?

Same problem here, i have tried all day long to fix it try different things but seems like nothing works ( skyrim only works without ENB ). I have got this problem after reinstalling everything that had something to do with skyrim. So i could have a fresh start with modding, but it only made it worse. Looks like this problem is bigger for me then corona....

• 5 weeks later...