Can this be done without a script?

Refuels with a soul gem? X minutes per gem size? That's one way to make Azura's Star / The Black Star much more useful. Or it could be the spell itself. Cast magelight for 60 seconds, but if you cast magelight into this specially-attuned lantern, it will hold it for 60 minutes, or something like that.

Hi thumb,

I will not use soul gem since i think this resource should stay on one purpose, i was thinking to make it as a scroll instead of a spell and make the scroll with various duration like : lesser lux =3 min great lux=8 min and extreme lux=20 min.

Or maybe leave it as a spell with a 20 min duration, i am not sure yet.

Edited by dovapix

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was getting to the menu but after a second thought i think that it is not needed at all because i was going to put choice for the player to pick between 3 lantern light intensity but it would be better to simply offer 3 type of oil flask representing the 3 light intensity options.

This goes well along with the simplicity of the mod and there is nothing more i can see i could add in such a menu.

I really like the way this mod turned out since it is offering everything a lantern mod required without any scripting.

We are getting closer to release.

Just a few pictures of the finish lantern, i am happy with the glass transparency and i add some soot behind the glass and it came out pretty good.

Almost finish the mod but i am also finishing my new iron armor replacer since i hate with a passion the vanilla iron armor and goofy helmet!

Medium shot :

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/pixelquaternion/lantern_medium%20shot_zps6o2f8gor.jpg

Close up shot :

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/pixelquaternion/lantern_close%20up_zpsdtgj8xnz.jpg

Away and lite shot :

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/pixelquaternion/lantern_away_zpsi0ewjolc.jpg

Edited by dovapix

That is outstanding! It looks real. Now I'm intrigued by the armor. I have been using a sleeved mesh replacer for the "light iron," but not much out there for banded. I have a feeling I'm going to be using all your mods, before this is over. lol

Hi thumb,

Thank and it came up better than i expected with the light and the transparency is something tricky to get right.

I got a lot of mods started last year and it is including the following

All my mods start with MOAS and that simply stand for "My Own Art Style"

* Moas real 3D roads(complete new 3d model for all roads and bridges including new snow road meshes)

* Moas trees overhaul (complete new trees models for pine and birch(re texture only with new bones armature for Birch) fully animated with swinging tree tops(finally)

* Moas Epic mountains ( did a complete re-sculpt based on the mountain texture just to get good normal map from it and i also re-texture it to 4096 and made custom UV set)

* Moas Epic winter overhaul (A complete winter overhaul from someone who live in a winter region, including new meshes and textures + dynamic snow shader enhancement)

* Moas Epic Iron set ( new model for iron armor light&heavy, bye bye goofy helmet)

* Moas potions overhaul (re-designed all potions my style)

* Moas Epic iron weapons (All new iron weapons models)

* Moas No horned helmets(re-designed all horned helmet to make them look good without horns)

* Moas farms overhaul ( a complete overhaul to make farms look better)

* Moas Epic Whiterun (complete new Whiterun re-designed, epic quest starting in new dungeon location under Whiterun, introducing a brand new race , new set of unique armor and weapons to get on a new island from the quest, epic boss battle and complete new Breezehome with open access(no load door).

I am a big fan of TES since the beginning and when Skyrim came out i played for 15 hours and i was shock to see so many thing poorly done that i decide to make it look the way i want before i resumed playing and that what spark the beginning of MOAS.

All my texture are true 4k build from scratch(i also include 2k and 1k versions), scaling up a texture in Photoshop is pretty stupid since you destroy the image with the re-sample algorithm.

I am also planning to re-model all armors and weapons to my own taste + new custom designed dungeons. If you combine my mods you also have pretty close to a complete re-texture of landscape for Skyrim.

All my mods are lore friendly so don't expect a Cpt America mod for Skyrim from me!

Edited by dovapix

That's a LOT of work. Holy cow. I love the armor and weapons ideas. I'm using the hornless iron helmets now, ported from Oldrim, and even the vanilla helm looks worlds better without horns. Can't wait to see some more variations. I tend to stick with leather and iron armors, for that rustic feel. Lots of stuff to look forward to there. Are they on steam or nexus?

That's a LOT of work. Holy cow. I love the armor and weapons ideas. I'm using the hornless iron helmets now, ported from Oldrim, and even the vanilla helm looks worlds better without horns. Can't wait to see some more variations. I tend to stick with leather and iron armors, for that rustic feel. Lots of stuff to look forward to there. Are they on steam or nexus?

Hi thumb,

Nothing is upload yet and some are almost completed but the biggest one Epic Whiterun is 50% done and still have a lot to do like the new armor and weapon that will fit the quest about an ancient race who made an ultimate armor and weapon to fight against an evil entity.

All the rest are mostly done and will be release one by one since if i release everything at once i am not going to be able to support every threads.

You can expect my 3d roads and new trees overhaul and of course my lantern mod as introductory mods.

I will probably start some WIP threads to show the work done so far and the progress.

Here a video where you can see part of my 3d roads mod at the very beginning at 0:04 and my apologies for my accent since i have been living like a hermit for some time and i lost my English a bit but after making a few more videos i should be better at it!

Edited by dovapix