Can this be done without a script?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks very nice. The stones really stand out. Did you work the mesh for that, or is that all normal map work?

Hi thumb,

It's a combination of both but what make them pop up this way is mostly the 3d model, i got a tendonitis doing this mod since i place every single one of them on all roads section and bridges manually to perfectly adjust them to the ground.

I can't even imagine.

Question: When you combine them, are you using nifskope? I've been adding static items to structures, but I'm not sure if it is easier on the game because it's one mesh, or no different because each added item is still separate in the mesh. Is there a way to fuse them into one piece, so they all select together?

I can't even imagine.

Question: When you combine them, are you using nifskope? I've been adding static items to structures, but I'm not sure if it is easier on the game because it's one mesh, or no different because each added item is still separate in the mesh. Is there a way to fuse them into one piece, so they all select together?

Hi thumb,

I combine them in 3ds max and you have the same features in Blender but i don't know what they are call. In nifskope you can only make them children of parents so they are going to stay separated but they are going to follow the parent node.

Much appreciated, Dova. I'm going to have to get off my bucket and learn blender. :/

Hi Thumb,

Just keep in mind that some game engine have limit over how many face a single model can have and that some even prefer lot of small meshes to one large meshes. For Skyrim i don't know what kind of limitations there is but if you want to play safe always try to keep meshes to the lowest amount of faces without sacrificing the model integrity.

That's what I was wondering about. In response to someone's question, in oldrim, I tried to make a wall of gold ingots as a mesh. I knew stacking them in CK would be a resource problem, but I thought if I made them all into a mesh, it would reduce it. When I tried to put it in game, though, it was still super laggy, I assume because I didn't have any way to combine all those into one.

That's what I was wondering about. In response to someone's question, in oldrim, I tried to make a wall of gold ingots as a mesh. I knew stacking them in CK would be a resource problem, but I thought if I made them all into a mesh, it would reduce it. When I tried to put it in game, though, it was still super laggy, I assume because I didn't have any way to combine all those into one.

Hi Thumb,

For this kind of feature i would go for a very simple model like a big box and i would make good normal maps that about how i would proceed for this. And if for old rim i would go parallax.

Edited by dovapix

I thought I responded to this before. My apologies. Thank you very much for that. I will give it a try. :smile:

No problem my friend, on my side i am pretty busy finishing my armor mod so i can showcase my lantern mod on a better looking armor!