VR friendly interfaces

CreepOfNorway

Is anyone able to do an overhaul on the interface and menus to make skyrim a 100% VR friendly title? It's currently the only thing holding it back at the moment.

If you are able to, but dont own a VR headset for instance, i'd be happy to test for you, and give pointers on the biggest issues.

Is anyone able to do an overhaul on the interface and menus to make skyrim a 100% VR friendly title? It's currently the only thing holding it back at the moment.

If you are able to, but dont own a VR headset for instance, i'd be happy to test for you, and give pointers on the biggest issues.

Why does the normal UI not work with VR goggles?

There is too many things off to the side. And that doesn't translate well to the VR screen. Such as the favourite selection, impossible to read. Inventory management is very bad.
Basicly we would need something that is focused in the middle of the screen to be useful.

There is too many things off to the side. And that doesn't translate well to the VR screen. Such as the favourite selection, impossible to read. Inventory management is very bad.

Basicly we would need something that is focused in the middle of the screen to be useful.

The Favorites menu is too far off to the side to turn your eye comfortably? I've never tried on a pair of VR goggles; I'm not in the market for a set, so I honestly would feel bad about getting a sales guy to get a pair out and set them up for me to try out.

Thats not exactly how it works, unfortunetly.
When you are in VR, you have a sweet spot straight ahead, just like when you focus with your normal vision. You are, however, restricted to looking straight ahead, and use your head movement to focus on other things. Thats why you see VR players move their heads more than usual. If you attempt to read things like your inventory items, or god forbid, the favourite menu, it's a painful blur. Imagine looking at your pc monitor, and trying to read a magazine on your desk without moving your eyes off the screen.

• 2 years later...