New/Different Build of ME2 on Origin?

UFAlien

I recently purchased the original Mass Effect trilogy from Origin and it seems like the version of ME2 included is some bizarro world build that doesn't work with some mods, i.e. the cheat console mod. For one thing there is no coalesced.ini file anywhere to be edited or replaced, and installing a modded coalesced file does nothing as the game ignores it. I looked at the binaries with a hex editor in an attempt to enable the console manually, and the offsets referenced in the console enabling guides simply do not exist in these versions of the files. The "launcher" just starts origin and the config tool only has one decimal place in the version number (v 1.2) so there's apparently no way to tell what specific version this is. Has anyone bought the game from Origin, specifically as part of the trilogy pack, and has the coalesced.ini file in their installation or has had success enabling the console?

Both "Tab" and tilde " ~ " work to pull up the Command Console in my EA/Origin install of ME2 , and "Coalesced.ini" is right where I expected it to be: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked". :huh:

• 5 months later...