Hi!

I just was trying to make a simple mod that marks as essential Professor Goodfeels at Sunshine Tidings,

So I save the .esp, run the game, and the walls starts looking like this:

51bdadda0bc11d033baa93637d12b271.jpg

They are still there, as I can collide with them...

The information I can provide is (in order):

*Tried to disable my mod...
*Tried to delete it...
*Tried to fast travel...

*Tried to start a new game...

*Tried to reinstall...

*Tried to verify game cache at Steam...

*Tried to start a new game again...

*Tried to cry but can't.

Have to mention that no only walls disappeared, trees and other static objects as well.
This is the only cell with this problem.

Help! :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Looks like you might have accidentally messed up previs. Open your esp in FO4Edit and look at every category with changes in it, remove any that you didn't mean to make (this is the manual cleaning portion of mod cleaning). Then do the automated cleaning as well (apply filter for cleaning, then remove ITMs and change deletions to disabled).

Looks like you might have accidentally messed up previs. Open your esp in FO4Edit and look at every category with changes in it, remove any that you didn't mean to make (this is the manual cleaning portion of mod cleaning). Then do the automated cleaning as well (apply filter for cleaning, then remove ITMs and change deletions to disabled).

I recovered it from the recycle bin and tried that solution, but problem persists (even without my mod).

I don't want to use that mod anymore, just want to delete it.

I need it in order to fix the problem?

Is there a way to "reset" the Fallout4.esm?

Thank you!

It's probably something baked into your save game then. Going back to a save from before installing the mod might work, and you may possibly need to start a new game. Things getting baked into a save game are the reason most mod authors use clean test saves for testing mods. :(

It's probably something baked into your save game then. Going back to a save from before installing the mod might work, and you may possibly need to start a new game. Things getting baked into a save game are the reason most mod authors use clean test saves for testing mods. :sad:

Hi again!
I tried that though... loading previous saves to see if that helps, with no luck as the walls still were invisible. But finally I think I've found a fix!
What I did is to open the Fallout4.esm in the CK, then load the cell in question, go to "World" tab > "PreCombine Geometry for Current Cell"...
then, go to "Visibility" tab > "Generate Precombined Visibility for Current Cell".
I don't know why, but just exiting CK without saving anything, run the game, and everything is back!
It was so depressing.
Thank you for be with me in those depressing moments. Lol :laugh:

It's probably something baked into your save game then. Going back to a save from before installing the mod might work, and you may possibly need to start a new game. Things getting baked into a save game are the reason most mod authors use clean test saves for testing mods. :sad:

Hi again!
I tried that though... loading previous saves to see if that helps, with no luck as the walls still were invisible. But finally I think I've found a fix!
What I did is to open the Fallout4.esm in the CK, then load the cell in question, go to "World" tab > "PreCombine Geometry for Current Cell"...
then, go to "Visibility" tab > "Generate Precombined Visibility for Current Cell".
I don't know why, but just exiting CK without saving anything, run the game, and everything is back!
It was so depressing.

It works because now in your data folder you have a VIS folder that contains visibility data and in your meshes folder you have new Pre-Combined meshes for that cell.

Hi again!
It was so depressing.

It works because now in your data folder you have a VIS folder that contains visibility data and in your meshes folder you have new Pre-Combined meshes for that cell.

So is it good to keep those files there? (I deleted them and the settlement still looks ok). Is it possible to accidentally overwrite the Fallout4.esm? I thought somehow it just was "untouchable".

Hey, you know that center building at Sunshine Tidings? That one that cointains the workshop... Well tried to move it in the CK and noticed that I have two duplicated buildings at the same spot. Is that part of the game or I just duplicated it before by accident?

Well I must have glossed over the part in your comment where you said you didn't save so what I thought fixed the original issue was wrong. On that note I am not sure what was happening then and you should be able to delete those files.

For the sunshine trading building my first guess would be that you have a mod in your load order that is re-Enabling the Pre-Combined meshes in that spot creating the duplicate building but, it's hard to say without seeing the mod.

You can't edit any .esm in the Ckit so unless you tried to mess with it in FO4 edit you shouldn't have a problem.

Well I must have glossed over the part in your comment where you said you didn't save so what I thought fixed the original issue was wrong. On that note I am not sure what was happening then and you should be able to delete those files.

For the sunshine trading building my first guess would be that you have a mod in your load order that is re-Enabling the Pre-Combined meshes in that spot creating the duplicate building but, it's hard to say without seeing the mod.

You can't edit any .esm in the Ckit so unless you tried to mess with it in FO4 edit you shouldn't have a problem.

The only mod I have is Full Dialogue Interface by Cirosan but it doesn't change anything in the game world. It's very odd.

Can you check if you too have two buildings at Sunshine Tidings for me? Can't sleep now... :(

Thank you!