Health Potions Unusable

Yknotu

I have Dragon Age Ultimate, win 10, and a lot of mods. They all seem to be working fine together. But, just today, I can't use my health potions. I see them in my inventory, but I can't place them in my quick bar, or use them from the inventory. The "use" feature doesn't even show up. Just investigate and delete. Would anyone have an idea what mod might be causing this? I've looked through the forums and can't see where anyone else has mentioned this before.

That's what I had to do to find some bugs in my install, and one only registered when the origin story ended (as in, I had to replay the transition from the origin story to Ostagar about 200 times to find it!)

If you go that way, uninstall all mods, start a fresh vanilla game, and create save points with nothing installed. Then reload mods one by one (or five by five) and check to see when the problem occurs. Don't use your old saves, they might be corrupted already and not register when you fix it. I'd recommend the end of the origin story, the start of Ostagar, the end of Ostagar, the start of Lothring, the end of Lothring, and the first and second camps you make (Bodhan intro camp, and then the standard camp).

Also, you can try listing your mods here but I don't know how much help it is. I can cross ref my own list since I don't have that bug and tell you what's not causing it if we have mod overlaps.

Edit: one last thing: if you really do have hundreds of mods installed, you might want to go in and delete overlapping files from mods, keeping only the final changes you want from one of them. I know everybody says "don't worry about it!" or "just rename the folder with a z'" etc, but when you're running literally hundreds of mods, at some point it forcing the game to do all those conflict comparisons can make things go funny. So it's better to remove conflicts you know you don't need to have prior to installation than asking the game to do it for you.

All credit for that discovery to theskymoves, from her blog. Most people will say it doesn't matter. Most people are also not running an excess of 200 or more mods I think ;)

Edited by Enkida

I removed all my mods and started a fresh game. I've added most all of my mods back so far, and the problem has not happened again. The big mods I have not installed back as yet are Vulak, Tamriel Trade Centre, King Calenhad's Tomb, Human Commoner Origin, Rose of Eternity Family & Country, Dragon Age Uprising Act 1 & 2, Grey Warden Weddings, and The Winter Forge. I have a total of 270 mods, only 184 of those are actually activated. After I make sure things all work well today, I will begin slowly re-introducing the heavy hitter expansion mods. :confused:

I feel your pain. I'm in the middle of doing that now myself :pinch:

In my own 270ish install, I also have Grey Warden Weddings and King Calenhad's Tomb installed, and have noticed no problems at all with the health potions, FYI. So two down?

Edit: I was looking through what you said, since I hadn't heard of Vulak before - and thank you for that, added it to my list, LOL! - and I think a big culprit might be Rose of Eternity.

If I get the mod page right, it's an add on module you can play separately from the Origins campaign, and the mod authors even say on the discussion page that the way it changes skill trees and other things can bork certain things in an Origins playthrough, so you should disable it (if you're playing Origins). That's my best guess so far.

The same is true of DA Uprising; as it's an add-on module, you might as well disable it unless you're actually playing the add-on campaign, and see if that fixes anything in your Origin campaign.

Edited by Enkida

I feel your pain. I'm in the middle of doing that now myself :pinch:

In my own 270ish install, I also have Grey Warden Weddings and King Calenhad's Tomb installed, and have noticed no problems at all with the health potions, FYI. So two down?

Edit: I was looking through what you said, since I hadn't heard of Vulak before - and thank you for that, added it to my list, LOL! - and I think a big culprit might be Rose of Eternity.

If I get the mod page right, it's an add on module you can play separately from the Origins campaign, and the mod authors even say on the discussion page that the way it changes skill trees and other things can bork certain things in an Origins playthrough, so you should disable it (if you're playing Origins). That's my best guess so far.

The same is true of DA Uprising; as it's an add-on module, you might as well disable it unless you're actually playing the add-on campaign, and see if that fixes anything in your Origin campaign.

Seconding the suggestion that the likely culprit is having 'Other Campaign' mods installed/active.

I removed all my mods and started a fresh game. I've added most all of my mods back so far, and the problem has not happened again. The big mods I have not installed back as yet are Vulak, Tamriel Trade Centre, King Calenhad's Tomb, Human Commoner Origin, Rose of Eternity Family & Country, Dragon Age Uprising Act 1 & 2, Grey Warden Weddings, and The Winter Forge. I have a total of 270 mods, only 184 of those are actually activated. After I make sure things all work well today, I will begin slowly re-introducing the heavy hitter expansion mods. :confused:

The other thing that is concerning, and note that I'm a bit out of the Dragon Age loop these days, but 'Tamriel Trade Centre' doesn't sound like a DAO mod. *scratches head*

Aaaaannnd I've used both TWF and GW Weddings in multiple installs (even beta tested the latter) and never had any issue with health pots or crafting.

Edited by theskymoves

Bingo! It is Rose of Eternity! It must clash with something else I have installed, dunno. Anyway, that's ok, I have plenty of extension mods to play with. I have had this game for some years now. I've played through (vanilla) as every race/every gender/every class. Mods are what keeps me going with this game. I am so grateful to all the modders out there that come up with all these wondrous mods!