Nuka World: The Hero

SilvaTungDAngel

Hello, forgive me if this is an idea that somebody has already come up with. Based on my analysis of Nuka World from playing it, there is a lot of concepts that defeat immersion. I don't feel like the Hero/Heroine of the Commonwealth protests too much about being forced into a job by people that were trying to kill them. I did play the raider side just to get actual content from the game, but the entire time I still tried to do the peaceful things. For instance, I looked for Rachel and returned to Oswald so he would leave in peace. I protected Cito and his Ghoulrillas. Basically, I kept trying to be the good guy, and I utterly refused to raid my own settlments. (Duh?!)

And at the same time, I looked at Open Season as one of the laziest attempts at gameplay I have ever witnessed. What I would want is Open Season to be revamped. I want it to be more complex, saturated, and fun!

My idea was that when you are talking to Mackenzie, she gives you a plan to visit all the different parks and use them to destroy the raiders. For instance, you talk to Oswald and convince him to send his ghouls against the raiders. You go to Safari Adventure and convince Cito and his Ghoulrillas to fight the raiders. Maybe you find the victims of Dry Rock Gulch alive and convince them to help. Basically, the idea is to gather an army from with Nuka World to take down the raiders. You can also get help internally from the slaves working in the market. This is all conceptual ideas that have been mulling around in my head. I'd like to hear any kind of feedback anybody has. Thank you!

I was always rather fond of the idea of using Open Season as a way to turn the raider gangs against one another so they'd basically take each other out. The game is scripted where, if you kill one boss, all of the gangs turn against you (even if you kill one of them without being seen).

My thought was that, if the bosses are what keep the gangs from stepping out of line, and the Overboss keeps them from killing each other, wouldn't they not only turn against you if one of the bosses died, but also each other? And if no one sees you kill the boss, wouldn't it be even more so where just that one gang turns against you to start - and against the other gangs?

It just seems like a great opportunity that was completely missed.

As far as game rewards go, I also thought a perk for choosing Open Season should have been granted to make up at least a little for the fact that you lose two perks by siding against the raiders. Free Trade: 25% better prices when bartering. Makes sense since you are siding with traders.

And as far as the other content goes, murder for hire and kidnapping/enslaving is still a form of trade. If the Traders take over the park, I can't really see a reason there wouldn't be a Trader to give the same radiant quests the raiders did. It is all business, after all. And not every Trader is going to be above board.

I really like your idea for getting the various park residents to go up against the raiders, and truthfully with Open Season one of the things you have to do (if you've cleared the parks and assigned them to a raider group) is go through and clear out the raiders in each park after you're done.

I don't really see why, if you've cleared the parks and completed Open Season, the residents of those parks wouldn't basically complete that part of the quest for you (replace raider spawn points with new ghouls, gorillas, and survivors upon completion).

It just makes sense, and I am honestly amazed that it has not yet been done.

(Shameless Plug): And if it serves as any kind of incentive whatsoever for a modder more gifted than myself, there is an airship model (modders resource) for Nuka World that would be a great addition to the park following the completion of Power Play. <.<

Edited by Flowerguy360

I do agree that they could had done more with Nuka world. For instance I'm kind of shocked that it isn't an actual settlement inside the park for one thing. The player could had easily chosen to turn the entire place into an working park like it was in pre-war days, or choose to turn it into a settlement city that would rival Diamond city. Just scrap all the non-functional rides and the like for parts, and then build in the space.

I do love the idea you have, about having more story-lines for that DLC where you get to play an hero.

Honestly, Bethesda really missed the ball here with all of the possibilities they had for Nukaworld.

It's already got big walls, a large, functional power plant, established food processing facilities, a potentially repairable NukaCola plant, and a robot control facility.

If that doesn't scream out for turning it into a huge settlement, I don't know what does. Create a ton of robots for defense, buff up the power plant, set up some agriculture, and transport every settler you've recruited there to help with cleanup and reconstruction. Diamond City would look like a tiny trade outpost by comparison.