War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you updating it on nexusmods??

It will be some time, I project a couple months, maybe a few. The more tests I've been running lately, the more optimisations I've come up with or more options I've found to add in. Fortunately I can keep writing scripts at work, days like today I'm just sitting around on call waiting for a connection to go down somewhere ;) I'm yet to write the menu though, can't do that until I'm absolutely finished the spawns part of it.

One thing I am arguing with myself about is how to implement optional Encounter Zones. Currently I had 3 options per region (based on how vanilla works) but now I am considering allowing users to define an EZ "level" per region, but I haven't yet found an optimal way to implement it without adding potentially over a thousand more lines of code to the spawnpoint script.

BTW, It will be a new mod on a new page. I'm using this thread I created as a bit of a blog, I don't do social media and Nexus is all I really use. I am considering putting up the mod after the "first region" is filled, just to build some hype and keep the punters interested.

Wouldn't mind hiring someone to do some placement work for me in the near future though, that would be nice.

Alright folks, I've decided that the mod wouldn't be complete unless I added 20 different Encounter Zone levels that users can define per region, and per spawn type :D. This opens the doors to a very diverse spawn system if later on we introduce some sort of "faction control over the commonwealth" type thing, where say warring factions can be made to be stronger closer to their strongholds, and weaker further away. I have no plans to make that happen just yet, but it was something that occurred to me, that it would be useful to have said EZ settings available for manipulation.

This might be out of the scope and purpose of this mod but I would love it if there was an option that buff followers somehow as they always die to any encounter they face. Followers are clearly not made for such an hardcore mod :tongue:

Also I feel like the respawn distance between 1 and 3 days is quite large. I would love something between.

Final suggestion this might've been covered already but I would love it if could turn off a certain type of enemy from spawning. I'd rather have no behemoth spawning as theyre a more unique enemy and having them all over ruins their uniqueness

Edited by itsbuffy

This might be out of the scale and purpose of this mod but I would love it if there was an option that buff followers somehow as they always die to any encounter they face. Followers are clearly not made for such an hardcore mod :P Â

Â

Also I feel like the respawn distance between 1 and 3 days is quite large. I would love something between.Â

Â

Final suggestion this might've been covered already but I would love it if could turn off a certain type of enemy from spawning. I'd rather have no behemoth spawning as theyre a more unique enemy and having them all over ruins their uniqueness

Yeah i don't think I'll touch the followers in this mod.

You will be able to control the reset timers much better, even by "region" and also you can disable any type of enemy the mod uses with a simple toggle, you can also set a chance on them, as well as set a toggle and chance to "reroll" a spawnpoint when there been a blocked by user settings. Atm I am allowing 1 reroll per point for performance sake. Oh and I think i me tioned it above but theres a reroll setting and chance that can be enabled on a successful spawn, so there can be a chance of running into a battling mob or even doubled up group.

On a separate note i worked pretty hard last night and this morning to reduce the amount of work I have to do in the ck, so the placement side of things will be faster :)

F4se new beta 2 includes a number of encounter zone variables if that's helpful at all?

Got a link at all?

I'm just building the menu system now actually :)

Probably should have assumed that, thought there might have been a discussion going.

Anyway, hows this for a laugh. I was just sitting here for over an hour wondering why my code suddenly stopped spawning anything at all. Somehow I set all my chance variables to 0. Its nearly midnight here now, can definitely tell I've been looking at code all day when I'm making mistakes like that XD

I might just do some placement work tomorrow and get the first region filled in. I'll work on the menu in my "spare time" at work.

I have WotC installed, love it and cant wait to see future improvements.

But there is one thing that I missed; a Nuka world update. Is it possible to add Nuka raiders to the commonwealth? Standard raiders get boring after a while and if you kill the Nuka raiders at the park, the dlc is done and kind of wasted potential.