Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

@game-modul,

some tentative brief feedback from LAN club playtesting of V,1.0

Spoiler

EDIT: re post #20, aha,

so you noticed that too... that could be partly why the "partial incomplete" dummy load orders were having weirdness and weren't stopping at the last inputted branch...

ah well, if you make a v2 which does that also, that'd be swell hehe

Edited by montky, 30 May 2017 - 02:33 AM.

gamemodul

gamemodul

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Just home from work.... keeping it short for today.

@montky

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I don't really understand how it failed when you wanted to exclude mods from the list. The --exclude option didn't work? Steps?

You wrote..

we couldn't specify a line that the submitted xml would stop at for a partial incomplete mod load list dummy file.

...what do you mean with "incomplete mod load list dummy file"? For example an incomplete mods.json that was generated?

I didn't have "compare two generated lists" in mind until now. But that could be a feature to include I guess.

Also, didn't find out where NMM stores that load order yet. If anyone has an idea... let me know ;)

Need sleep, have a nice one ;)

montky

montky

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

sure thing;

so re post #22

Spoiler

so, we did tinker with it in ways it was not intended hehe.

all things considered, it handled a lot of stuff very well for a v1.

Will you be trying any of your other ideas out, GameModul?

if you can, I'd say go for it

you've got a couple of really awesome ideas in the pipeline for v2 etc.

thanks again gamemodul!

gamemodul

gamemodul

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Okay I see, it's way beyond the horizon I see when I think about my script. As I've mentioned somewhere before, I might not get all of the idea because of my english and/or the fact that I'm not involved/connected in that thinking process from the start up. 

Aaaanyway... what I'd like to do is the stuff I know I can do. My plan is to make a v2, without the load order part if I didn't find out how to pull it in until then. Maybe I start directly with a GUI this time. I just have so many little things running beside, need to finish some of them first before my brain has again some free storage space for coding. My guessing is that I start with it in 1-2 weeks (read: when my new track is finished *g*). So, until then, if anyone finds out where NMM stores the load order, let me know, hehe.

You guys keep on tinkering :smile:

Edited by gamemodul, 07 June 2017 - 02:26 PM.

gamemodul

gamemodul

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Little update...

Long time now see. But I've put a few hours into a new, much much simpler version. Below is the current list output, yes no more load order but still nifty enough I guess to share mod lists with your friends. Will post code and stuff soon. My other project eats all the time :wink:

http://bitserver.our...i_am_using.html

gamemodul

gamemodul

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

First GUI version... :-)

contains nmlister.py ... which you should be able to doubleclick to run it.

Edited by gamemodul, 10 September 2017 - 07:33 AM.

gamemodul

gamemodul

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Another one. The new mount map field is described in the readme file and won't be needed by 99% of the users I guess.

Enjoy and let me know if you like it so far.

gamemodul

gamemodul

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

New update...

Added a little menu with nifty links. More internal enhancements. Also, the template you can edit is back.

gamemodul

gamemodul

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Update a4...

Slowly running out of ideas. Added an option menu so you can choose for which game you want create a list.

On first startup, set the settings, save. The games list dropdown will then be updated but not selectable for some reason I have to figure out. Once you restart the program it works just fine. Default is "All". The games list is pulled from user.config too.

Code needs cleanup but it's done soon as long as you don't throw in new ideas.

montky

montky

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

score!

apologies for a delayed response, (real-world, y u so weird)

I will be testing this variant for a while though, it is looking very awesome!

the new and improved features make quickly batch-checking in a LAN context and troubleshooting

for partial mod load orders etc, muchmuch easier.

a zillion thankyous GameModul.

Spoiler

Page loaded in: 0.638 seconds