Dwemer Style Windmill

manbullcultist

I do not have much to say in regards to what I would expect something like this to look like - how complicated the design is would have is open to interpretation. I would just find something like this really useful for the Dwemer farm that I am creating for a mod.

Before I came around to posting this I had tried to search the internet and Nexus to see if something like this already exists in another mod, but I didn't turn up any results. If you happen to know of a mod that does have something like this, I would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Edited by manbullcultist

I have never seen anything like it, in my travels. I wonder if the Dwemer would have even used a windmill, rather than a steam powered mill of some sort. Wondering if there's something you could do with the ventilator, with the spinning section, to consider it a mill.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen anything like it, in my travels. I wonder if the Dwemer would have even used a windmill, rather than a steam powered mill of some sort. Wondering if there's something you could do with the ventilator, with the spinning section, to consider it a mill.

That's a great idea, thanks!

Hey, I did some experimenting after I read this thread. It seems the windmills are in segments, the house, the shaft and wheel assembly, and the blades. I attempted to put the wheel assembly together with a Dwemer tower in Nifskope. It looked and animated well in nifskope, but failed in CK. I assume I must have missed some type of sanitizing spell and that could probably be fixed with some more experimentation, but when I added the blades, they don't animate. Since it's only 3 pcs, it might be better just to use the snap guides and place them together in CK instead, where they should run separately. Drop the dwemer tower from Markarth, put the grinding wheel base inside it. You may need to enlarge the tower some, to make the wheel assembly fit without disappearing into solid stone. After that, your imagine can run wild, with blades, or a steam generator and some pipes, or whatever.