Wool as an Ingredient

Skybroom

Got an idea of making it possible to collect more ingredients from nature. As soon as we have linen, fur, and wool clothes, vanilla and those added with some mods, I guess it would be highly immersive to have an opportunity of crafting all this stuff with a few of natural materials in use.

Like we have pelts for making fur armor, we need linen wraps or tundra cotton for making linen clothes and so on, don't we. BTW I find it a bit odd when I need to collect those creepy and damn heavy linen rolls from the dungeons in order to then wear clothes made from this material, enjoying the "wonderful" smelt of ancient nords :)

I prefere collecting tundra cotton, honestly speaking. So, why do not culture it? I'm dreaming of cotton fields.

The most desirable thing to me is to make it possible to gather wool from... I don't know... goats. Yep, goats and cows, mammoths perhaps, from whom else. Because we (me) have a lot of wool clothing, and have no wool as ingredient.

I don't mean processing the wool, nor any new animation - it would be too much immersive. I mean just approaching the animal (alive one is preferable to dead), and having a simple menu pops-up under crosshair: "goat: gather wool".

It looks simple to make a new ingredient with the help of CK. A new 3d model is needed. And some scripts, I presume. This is the thing I can't handle without any help.

An interesting idea. but you wouldn't need any scripts. A model yeah, but then be just easy enough to add the said item to the creatures leveled list. Then you can throw in some recipes so you can turn the item into linen!