Re-routing XCOM Audio?

pepoluan

I wonder if there's a way to re-route XCOM's Audio so it won't go to the "Default Windows Audio Output Device"?

The reason is that I want to start streaming my playthroughs, and since I have installed "VoiceMeeter Banana" I figure that I can "clean up" my stream by only passing through my mic and XCOM's Audio, thus keeping notification bleeps and Windows dings out of my stream.

I have tried using "audio-router", but it doesn't seem to work.

I have tried spelunking through all XCOM config files, I haven't been able to find a way to specify which audio device to output XCOM sounds through...

Edited by pepoluan

I'm afraid you are on your own there. Never saw anyone inquire about redirecting audio output from XCom before.

I would suggest a PM to the author of "audio-router". Outline your system and what you have attempted to get it to work, and see if they can suggest something. Looking at the history on the Github site, the last update supposedly fixed an issue with running it on Win10.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

I'm afraid you are on your own there. Never saw anyone inquire about redirecting audio output from XCom before.

I would suggest a PM to the author of "audio-router". Outline your system and what you have attempted to get it to work, and see if they can suggest something. Looking at the history on the Github site, the last update supposedly fixed an issue with running it on Win10.

-Dubious-

Unfortunately, the author of "audio-router" seems to have mostly abandoned the project.

Huh, if only Firaxis provide 'knobs' to specify explicitly which audio output to use... you know, like Skype or OBS...

Thanks, anyways!

This is an interesting enough issue I've done a little digging. It appears to be more straightforward than I anticipated.

Windows Control Panel for Sound lets you add and assign output to different devices. However, it only allows for one output device per audio card.

Looking at the "VB-Audio VoiceMeeter Banana" page you initially linked, the image on the main page indicates it has up to 5 inputs; and 3 physical and 2 virtual outputs. It provides a "device driver" for Windows connecting to the Sound Control Panel.

So, normally one would assume you simply want to select the "audio device" of Banana to your Sound Control Panel, which should become available once the app is installed. Then in Banana's interface you would attach one of the "B" virtual outputs to your Steaming feed audio input channel. Consequently, it looks to me like you already have everything you need, with the possible exception of the audio input channel for the Stream. But I assume that has to be there. For your purposes, the instructions for connecting to "Skype" or a "Recording/VOIP App" should be the output you need.

If you are having problems getting Banana to work, suggest you need to discuss with their support.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent