Draugr ambush issue.

Bannock

No doubt this is a simple issue and I've stupidly done something wrong, but I'm stumped and frustrated.

I'm new to modding Skyrim (or the previous games), though I've done some things for other games, so I decided to follow the tutorial on CK wiki.

Everything goes swimmingly until I need to place a basic ambush with a draugr popping out of a coffin (tutorial for that here.)

I have followed this to the letter, multiple times, trying all sorts of things that might make it go. No matter what I do, the draugr spawns outside the coffin and stands there. The lid will pop off if I enter the trigger area, or catch the draugr's attention, whichever happens first.

Any ideas as to what the heck I've done wrong?

Thanks for any help or advice. =)

Try compairing what the Prefab parts of the ambush look like to your copied version. Some link might be coming lose when you copy paste.

One thing that comes lose from Copy paste is Unique Ref IDs for objects/actors.

I suspected that the Unique Ref IDs might be stuffing up, so I assigned them all again in the proper order, to the proper things. Still the same problem. I'll have another look, but I looked pretty thoroughly earlier so I don't have high hopes. ^_^'

Thanks for the advice. =)

Hmm, still no luck in regards to this issue. Anyone else have an idea?

Here's a couple of screenshots to help anyone inclined to help me.

This is what it looks like in the CK:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/NathanBlackwell/FaultyDraugrCK.png

And in game:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/NathanBlackwell/FaultyDraugr.png

Thanks for any assistance. =)

Just posting a last time to see if anyone has any ideas. Been working on this for days now, nothing seems to fix it. Testing some things, the draugr insists on staying upright. If I leave the coffinmarker in the coffin, he spawns on top of or next to it. If I drag the marker outside the coffin, he'll spawn standing where the marker is. He really, really doesn't feel like laying down.

I went into the warehouse and copied the prefab and pasted it next to the original. It works fine. I copy it and paste it into my cell. It does this. I have no idea what the heck is wrong. :confused:

Yeah, moved the lid off and checked, all is as it should be. I actually got it working after all though. Seems it didn't like my navmesh, though I don't know what it didn't like. I just adjusted the navmesh nearby for something else, and suddenly it started working. o_O

• 3 weeks later...

I also get this exact issue. I have noticed that, when I load my CELL, I get a HAVOK error as follows:

HAVOK: List shape with child container subshape found in , will not be able to resolve support material for character controller collisions properly.

The only way I can seem to solve it is to create a new CELL and copy my dungeon into it. Once I do that, I can get my Draugr to sit in his ambush properly. But it doesnt take long before I get back into a corrupted state and I start all over again.

Does anyone know what this error means? What causes it? How to troubleshoot or correct it?

• 3 weeks later...
I had this exact same issue. In trying to fix the issue, I rejiggered the navmesh, to no noticable effect. Then I realized: in testing the cell, I had saved my game at a spot where my character was already inside the cell in question. Since, in that save point, the draugr was already standing on top of the coffin, he would still be standing on the coffin in any subsequent loadgames. I reverted back to an earlier save game wherein the cell would never have been previously loaded and then coc'd into the test cell and bam! the draugr is lying down in his coffin. I hope this helps someone.