How to Fix a Bugged Quest

GrayWolf04

To whomever it may concern,

This post will instruct players on how to fix a quest that they are having trouble with because of a bug or other issue that is preventing them from finishing the quest.

1. Go to http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests and find the category that your quest would be under. Quests are categorized based on locations, factions, etc.

2. Find your quest and select it. This should take you to the quest's page.

3. Take note of the quest's ID number. You will need this later.

4. Select from the Table of Contents the link for Quest Stages.

5. Find the stage with a description that matches the one in your game. That is the stage that you are currently on and are supposedly having trouble with. To fix the issue in your game, look at the Stage ID number next to the stage AFTER the one you are on (if the next stage has a blank description, skip to the next stage after it). Take note of this ID number.

6. Load your game.

7. Open the game's console command window and enter SetStage (Quest ID Number) (Stage ID Number) using the ID numbers you took down from the website.

8. This should complete the stage you are currently on and move you on to the next stage in the quest.

I hope this short tutorial helps anyone who is having trouble with completing quests. If you want a full list of console commands for Skyrim, you can find them on the Skyrim Wikipedia website.

Respectfully,

Gray Wolf 04

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

What about for Missing in Action? I couldn't find any ID on uesp, or anywhere really. At the market, Battle born and Grey mane won't argue and they just stand there. I can't find the solution to this whatsoever except to visit the house manually and skipping talk to Fralia