How do you add/modify Multiplayer classes?

RWLRWLRWL

First off, hello all.
New to these parts ^^.

I just picked up the xcom2 devkit in an attempt to change the multiplayer classes. I'm fine if the mod wouldn't actually work for ranked games.
I tried following some tutorials and managed to get the class to show up in single player (despite setting bMultiplayerOnly=1), but nothing seems to stick in multiplayer.

I also tried to simply change the points cost and nothing else and that didn't work either.
For that all I did was add a config file with the following:
[blademasterRanger X2MPCharacterTemplate]
Cost=4800
As I understand, that should be sufficient for changing the cost since everything else remains at it's default settings right? No + either since it would be changing the cost and not adding anything new. I also tried removing it first and then adding it but no dice either.

So is there something I'm missing to make changes to multiplayer? Some kind of setting that you need to enable first perhaps?
Modifying the actual .ini file does work in the case of the blademaster, but that requires actually changing the files manually as opposed to simply loading a mod.

Also, I already posted this on the 2k forums. I'm not really sure where the most traffic is as far as xcom2 mods are concerned. So I figured I's post here too.

Edited by RWLRWLRWL