Project Phoenix: Fallout 4 Reborn - A Complete Fallout 4 Overhaul

RogueMatriarch

Good news, everyone!

The initial release of Project Phoenix will be coming soon this week, introducing craftable ammo, new crafting workbenches and ingredients to make said, new ammunition (which you can craft but are unable to use until the Weapon Update comes around), and some minor changes to a few other things. Among these changes is ballistic ammunition having their real-world name equivalents, weighing the proper amount as well, and requiring various perks to craft. Another important change is that 2mm EC, Gamma Cells, Microfusion Cells (previously just called Fusion Cells), Acid Concentrate (ammo for the Acid Soaker from Nuka World), Alien Power Cells (formerly named Alien Blaster Cells), Cryo Cells, and Plasma Cartridges now all have a distinct number of discharges before they're completely used up a la Fusion Core. For those of you who already have hoards of the aforementioned, this means your stockpiles effectively got multiplied by ten or more in most cases.

However, since the ammo itself has a cap, mods that increase ammo capacity will be more or less useless since said ammo won't adjust itself to completely fill up the extra ammo space. Some Energy Weapon ammo types will have versions that have larger ammo capacity but this will be implemented in the next major update alongside a few other features I have planned. After all, this is just the initial release and there's plenty more in store.

Is this mod coming to ps4 with the creation club would to try it out. And keep up the good work we need more moders like you o and smoe thing you could use for Power armor is new Power armor like some we have never seen in any fallout game o and new perks to.

Is this mod coming to ps4 with the creation club would to try it out. And keep up the good work we need more moders like you o and smoe thing you could use for Power armor is new Power armor like some we have never seen in any fallout game o and new perks to.

Sorry for the typos lol.

With the advent of the Creation Club and its allowance for PS4 users to download custom assets, it's very possible. However, it is unlikely for it to be anytime soon since Project Phoenix is still in early development. Once the mod has expanded and/or is halfway complete, which in itself cannot be determined as to when it'll reach that point or what is "halfway complete", I will consider publishing it to the Creation Club so console users can download it. And don't worry about the grammar, I understood what you said.

With the advent of the Creation Club and its allowance for PS4 users to download custom assets, it's very possible. However, it is unlikely for it to be anytime soon since Project Phoenix is still in early development. Once the mod has expanded and/or is halfway complete, which in itself cannot be determined as to when it'll reach that point or what is "halfway complete", I will consider publishing it to the Creation Club so console users can download it. And don't worry about the grammar, I understood what you said.

What? I don't mean to be rude, but you appear to have a critical misunderstanding of what the Creation Club is. It's a project run by Bethesda in which; you pitch an idea to them, if they accept, you receive funding to develop it for them. You also have to adhere to several requirements, like having to be completely compatible with pre-existing saves. It is not 'just a way to publish mods on PS4', you can't just 'stick it up' on there. And they don't allow pre-existing projects - well, publically.

Haven't you seen all of the arguments about this?

• 1 year later...

Project Phoenix: Fallout 4 Reborn Status Update
This post marks the return of Project Phoenix and its first update since its rebirth. Older posts excluding the very first may no longer be relevant and/or outdated entirely.

About The Status Update
This post is to mark the rebirth of the mod and the first of many updates that will be made to it. Prior attempts have fizzled out for one reason or another but now that the project has gained traction, it will be far more active then before.

That said, it is time to focus on what has been going on.

The first aspect of Fallout 4 Project Phoenix is tackling is none other then weapons due to how central they are to gameplay. This has been done thus far by a series of Rework mods I have worked on for the last several months, tackling individual weapons on their own and adjusting nearly every aspect of them to make them not only more useful and balanced but perform in a realistic manner as well.

The list below will provide links to said Reworks with more being added over time. Once a family of weapons has been completely reworked, a complication of said mods will be composed and then released. After each family is completed, a Weapons Rework Module consisting of all of them will be made available to download.

However, it should be noted that not all of the listed mods have been brought up to current standards and thus may not match the latest views held by Project Phoenix. This will be made clear by the lack of a Project Phoenix âlabel/mention at the bottom of the mod page though each and every one will be updated in due time in order to be compliant with the project.

Weapon Reworks

Unarmed

Knuckles Weapon Rework

Melee

N/A

Ballistic Weapons

.44 Pistol Weapon Rework

Double-barrel Shotgun Weapon Rework

Railway Rifle Weapon Rework

Broadsider Weapon Rework

Fatman Weapon Rework

Minigun Weapon Rework

Missile Launcher Weapon Rework

Syringer Weapon Rework

Energy Weapons

Cryoloator Weapon Rework

Explosives

N/A

Edited by Mavrickhunter2

Well, it will be indeed, very welcome by a lot of players who like to craft ammo and weapons.

Personally, I do not craft ammo at all and honestly, I do not think I will. I use a few weapon mods among hundreds of it and I know exactly what I need for my game. Those weapons that I use, have been enhanced via xEdit and there is only one console command that I like about ammo : explosive ... so that is why I do not really care about crafting ammo at all.

But definitely I will take a look into your mod/project. My idea about Fallout 4 ( if I was a programmer ... ) is to overhaul enemies and make it more dangerous. So far, Super Mutants Redux, Raiders Overhaul, Robot and synths overhaul and War of the Commonwealth are my core central mods because I am able to get a lot of spawn and dangerous enemies.

I do believe that we have enough in that department and I think that we do not have that much on creating new DLC. Adding more DLC's would boost Fallout 4 to a different dimension. I know that they required a lot of work, but there are several modders capable to do it as a team.

I always said that a game will last forever if more DLC are being added. When I criticized Bethesda, I told them why not to add more DLC to Skyrim and Fallout 4 ? I told them that creating a new game was not even necessary, but adding more DLC and expand the original game to adjacent territories would be the key to make the games more interesting.

Can you imagine if a new Fallout 4 DLC in New York were created ? Once you get there, you can fast travel from the Commonwealth as we do with Far Harbor. A different land, new enemies, new weapons and new story. How about if the Institute created a subterranean tunnel that connects the MA with NY ? We destroy the Institute in the Commonwealth but they are still alive in NY where they keep another under the ground base and we can go from there.

For me, overhauling enemies, making them more dangerous, adding different enemies and adding different land / scenarios is the key. Everything else is secondary and come with overtime by adding mods to it. So far, in Fallout 4 we have a lot of different enemies but we do not have eagles, we do not have panthers, we do not have snakes, we do not have spiders, we do not have ravens ... nothing in the sky that is a threat ... we are lacking those enemies which IMO, will come to make the game more immersive.

Your project is welcome and I probably give it a shot but is not something that really calls my attention.

Thank you so much and I will probably give it a shot and I will endorse it but I do not know if I will keep it in my load order.

You say not complete for years from now? Perhaps the reworking you are doing is very heavily script based and of course, I as many others appreciate any mods that are provided to us on Nexus or other locations.

I have downloaded this mod and am excited for the new quests and NPCs it will bring, but I just hope that in years from now, people are still playing this game. As for weapon overhauls, there is a lot already out there but whatever you are doing must be very big.

"But definitely I will take a look into your mod/project. My idea about Fallout 4 ( if I was a programmer ... ) is to overhaul enemies and make it more dangerous. So far, Super Mutants Redux, Raiders Overhaul, Robot and synths overhaul and War of the Commonwealth are my core central mods because I am able to get a lot of spawn and dangerous enemies."

You should Try also some of these mods. https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4?author_username=DarkClawRaven&number_results=20&order=desc&page=1&product=fallout4

as well as https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20088/