malware

ban12100

Hi, i've been having difficulty with some mods because when i try to install certain mods malwarebytes is detecting ransom ware when i install them and i get locked out every time it happens and i don't know what to do. The mods i'm aware of that malwarebytes is detecting ransom ware on is:

Daedric reaper armor, frost witch armor and FNIS. I don't know of any other mods with this problem because I've not tried any other mod because I have been locked out my nexus mod manager.

Maybe you want to update/upgrade/dump your AV? Malwarebytes is not known to be one of the premium AVs, especially in the freeware version.

ALL uploads on Nexus are tested by 54 different AV programs before they are released to the public. And that includes Malwarebytes. The current FNIS versions (Oldrim and SSE) have not been flagged by ANY of these.

• 3 weeks later...

I run a paid Malwarebytes and had this issue with a mod (I can't recall which one, now - might have been FNIS).

You can simply add the mod to Malwarebytes exception list but yes, it is a little fiddly because Malwarebytes needs a little more "training".

I do not run Mawarebytes when running the game, but otherwise it is fine with most things and has saved me from some nasty semi-legit redirection spamware from time to time.

Of course, I trust you are using a proper Anti-Virus as well....!