ASIS: "The system cannot find the path specified..."

Deleted4510057User

Hello there Nexus,

I am having trouble getting ASIS to work. I am using MO.

When I try to run ASIS through MO, a command prompt comes up, saying:

The system cannot find the path specified.

Press any key to continue...

And it closes when I do. I have tried to reinstall ASIS, updating it, and throwing it into both the MO directory and Skyrim data directory, with both yielding the same result.

What do I do? Thanks.

Image for reference to what I am running into if necessary: https://i.imgur.com/ITFITfu.png

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Hi there, the problem you are having is that you have java7 installed in another directory (or don't have it at all).

If you do have Java7 then what you need to do is:

1.Right click in the ASIS.bat file (if you dont see the .bat go to "view" and activate "file name extensions")

2.Select Edit

3.Replace the directory stated with your actual directory of Java7

Example:

You will have this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ASIS.jar

Change it to this:

"<Disc>:\<Directory>\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ASIS.jar

My case:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ASIS.jar

-------------------------

If you don't have it (Java 7)... install it and try again, if problem persists then apply solution 1.

If have any doubts ask, i'll keep an eye on this post :smile:

gl hf.

Edited by Cruznic

• 1 year later...

Hi there, the problem you are having is that you have java7 installed in another directory (or don't have it at all).

If you do have Java7 then what you need to do is:

1.Right click in the ASIS.bat file (if you dont see the .bat go to "view" and activate "file name extensions")

2.Select Edit

3.Replace the directory stated with your actual directory of Java7

Example:

You will have this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ASIS.jar

Change it to this:

"<Disc>:\<Directory>\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ASIS.jar

My case:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ASIS.jar

-------------------------

If you don't have it (Java 7)... install it and try again, if problem persists then apply solution 1.

If have any doubts ask, i'll keep an eye on this post :smile:

gl hf.

hey i took the advice you gave to the other user im using this version of java jre1.8.0_181 its java 8 i put the proper directory in and now im getting this

'C:\program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

press any key to continue...