Scrimshaw Expanded - ASLAL Patch; texture caused CTD, removed errors in xEdit, results in massive stack dumps.

sixshotsniper

Hi,
I had a pretty stable game, except there was an error in the Scrimshaw Expanded + Campfire crafting menu where when I scrolled over one or two select tools, it caused a CTD. On the Scrimshaww Expanded page, there is a specific patch for this that changes the textures of these weapons. Installed it, nothing changed. So I opened xEdit, checked for errors on all Hunterborn/Campfire/Scrimshaw mods, and the patch for Scrimshaw Expanded + Alternate Start - Live another Live had multiple could not resolve errors, all related to these specific tools. I removed those, and boot my game back up, and now it's lagging massively, absolutely unplayable. Check my papryus logs, and sure enough, tons of stack dumps. I have since removed the patch and cleaned the save using Save Cleaner, but it's still broken. Forums won't let me upload the papyrus logs because the files are too big. The first was 43mb, and the second, after I removed the patch and cleaned the saves, was a 50mb log. It has 931K lines.
Here's a snip from Papyrus Log viewer:

Nothing I've done has been able to restore my save to a playable state. I started a new character for testing purposes with the exact same loadout, just moved out my save files, and it runs perfectly fine on that save.

Playing on a Lenovo E560 laptop.
Processor: Intel® Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon R7 M370
Display Memory: 10160 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2027 MB
Shared Memory: 8133 MB

Skyrim is in
C:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

Load order:

I'm using MO, LOOT, xEdit, Wyre Bash, and FNIS.

I'd like to point out that the CTD caused by the textures of those files was resolved after I removed the weapons altogether in xEdit, removed a few errors that referenced the items I removed, and then xEdit told me no more errors.

At this point I've resigned myself to scrapping this save, but I want to know what caused this, how to avoid it in the future, and if there is in fact something I can do to salvage this.

Edited by sixshotsniper

that mod doesn't have any scripts, and i don't think that a texture being 2k would normally crash the game. errors in tesvedit wouldn't indicate a script error or something strangely wrong with a texture. and the papyrus stuff is all from footprints and master of disguise... i think you may be conflating a bunch of unrelated things.

edit: as for the aslal patch, there appears to be a hotfix on the scrimshaw expanded page that repairs some bad formids. i'd say that's the far more likely culprit than a texture.

Edited by ymf331