How to port game models (First Person arms)

So I have the armset files that I want to port into Fallout 4, however they are not in osp format, they are in MODEL format... or UNIT format. Have yet to determine which is the correct one to use. Anyhow, I really need help with trying to port this armset into the game as an glove and arm mod for first person only. Any help would be greatly appreciated

And where are these model from? Another game? Self Made?

You do know you can't port assets from other IP's into beth games and upload them here or on the Bethesda site without the express permission of the creator.

This is more for personal use only from another game. No real intentions to publish

Edited by DoYouEvenBan

You can do it for personal use if it never gets uploaded. Distributing them would break copyright and possibly get you a ban here and on Beth.

Well, I am trying to port over the first person arm model of Jacket from Payday 2 into something like blender or outfit studio so I can fit them over the first person arms and fix them up to add as a glove/arm addition but I just dont really know how to import the model. This is my first time attempting to mod so I understand I may have no idea what I am getting into

What is the model's file extension? FBX is pretty standard. OBJ is a generic format. NIF is Fallout 4's format (NetImmerse). The answer to this question will point us in the right direction to answering your question.

If by that you mean its format its in .Model format

Get it into fbx or obj. Open the vanilla model you wanna replace or use as reference in Outfit Studio. Import your custom model using the vanilla scale and transforms as reference. Copy weights to your custom model from the vanilla one. Export your model to nif. Open it in nifskope for final adjustments. Add it to ck as custom model or simply replace a vanilla model depending on what you decided to do in the beginning. This would more or less be one way to do it, for details check out the wiki for outfit studio.