Mass Effect 3

mythicdawnmaster

I guess protheans arnt important in mass effect lore guess youre right! O wait!

I guess people should gladly accept bioware is selling an incomplete game. Bioware selling mass effect 3 for 70 dollars!!! Sure why not! Iets worship bioware them no matter what! The fact they have a complete DLC before release the release and they cut it just to sell it! That's not screwing over their fans it's just good business!!!

I bet you would gladly accept if bioware wanted to sell ME3 for 150 dollars and 300 for collators edition

you do know that DLC for most games is finished when the game is finished right? its usually all made at the same time, and held off to be sold later. (not always, but a lot of the time) so in essence, any game with DLC, in your description, is keeping content to be sold later.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most DLC is not finshed at launch, most DLC is planned or being made at launch. Big diff. See new vegas had planned DLC before the game was release. There was also in game hints as to what the DLC were about. But they weren't done at release. If I recall it was a while before they started releasing DLC.

I guess protheans arnt important in mass effect lore guess youre right! O wait!

Again, do a little thinking before you rage.

Protheans are important to some extent to the main story but your bonus companion, which the dlc is about, is not! It won´t affect the main quest in a way you won´t be able to finish it or whatever you were thinking.

It´s the same as the bonus mission with Zaeed or Kasumi in ME2.Nice little side story, but that´s all there was to it.

Same will be with the Prothean.

I guess people should gladly accept bioware is selling an incomplete game. Bioware selling mass effect 3 for 70 dollars!!! Sure why not! Iets worship bioware them no matter what! The fact they have a complete DLC before release the release and they cut it just to sell it! That's not screwing over their fans it's just good business!!!

I bet you would gladly accept if bioware wanted to sell ME3 for 150 dollars and 300 for collators edition

Maybe you should accept that it is their property and they can do whatever the hell they want with it. They can sell it at any price they want.

You have still your free will and choice to just not buy it if it´s too much for you.

Nobody´s forcing you to do anything.

Edited by beefsister77

Not raging like a said I got the game for free, doesn't change the fact what EA and bioware are doing is wrong. If bioware really belive there was nothing wrong with what they're are doing they wouldnt have tried to hide it! We only know about this is because it was leaked. Bioware wanted to hide the fact they have finished DLC till the last moment when poeple would be unlike to cancel their preorder.

Now back to the game, unlike most who say me3 play like cod. I like the way me3 plays. You're way faster, your weapons are powerful, the talent trees much deeper, your abilities don't share a cool down anymore (thank you). Overall me3 plays like a much better 4"3rd person shooter while adding back RPG element. I like very much. Me3 plays like the best ME.

On another note EA has told people to save their save files. This isn't the last mass effect so if your hoping for a definitive ending for mass effect think again.

Edited by hector530

If we look at BioWare's past DLCs they may say something about their DLC practices:

Sebastian: DA2

Zaeed :ME2

Shale: Origins

If we remove them from the main game, their stories mean nothing to the main game, nothing. How is this one any different from the last set of DLC characters released? Sure it's nice lore but is it really important to the base game? No and raging about it won't help either. Other companies have these sort of practices too and yet their DLC don't have much effect on the base game in general (example DX:HR).

If we look at BioWare's past DLCs they may say something about their DLC practices:

If we remove them from the main game, their stories mean nothing to the main game, nothing. How is this one any different from the last set of DLC characters released? Sure it's nice lore but is it really important to the base game? No and raging about it won't help either. Other companies have these sort of practices too and yet their DLC don't have much effect on the base game in general (example DX:HR).

Exactly. And now let´s drop that topic.

I have to say I didn´t really care about the DLC characters in DA at all. I got them, I played their mission but then never used them again. Shale was just boring and Sebastian pissed me of with his chivalrous personality.

Zaeed on the other hand quickly became one of my favourite squadmates. Spot on voiced, hilarious one liners and badass appeareance he was a really well done bonus character.

I happened to drag him along on most of the missions. It was a shame that there were no real dialogues or interactions with him besides his own mission.

He has one of the most - if not the most - interesting personality.

He´s one of the characters I´m definitely looking forward to meet again and hope he has a more significant role this time or at least more interaction options.

Edited by beefsister77

I have to say I didn´t really care about the DLC characters in DA at all. I got them, I played their mission but then never used them again. Shale was just boring and Sebastian pissed me of with his chivalrous personality.

Zaeed on the other hand quickly became one of my favourite squadmates. Spot on voiced, hilarious written one liners and badass appeareance he was a really well done bonus character.

I happened to drag him along on most of the missions. It was a shame that there were no real dialogues or interactions with him besides his own mission.

He has one of the most - if not the most - interesting personality.

He´s one of the characters I´m definitely looking forward to meet again and hope he has a more significant role this time or at least more interaction options.

lol im the exact opposite. Shale is the best character in DAO. sooo freaking funny! and very useful on nightmare too. i often switched her out with Sten. but yea. i loved having her in my party for her lines. and her hate of pigeons. such a great personality on her!! Zaeed i found useless. never used him in my party (skill wise, he was awful compared to others) and the fact you couldnt interact with him through selective dialogue like you could everyone else, made me just ignore him after his personal quest....as for Sebastian, well i dont have that DLC so no comment. but for the most part, i dont really care for any of the companions on DA2 like i did in DAO (and that just may be a biased cause i knew the DAO characters first) as in a feel no attachment to any of them. in DAO i felt like i wanted to use ppl in my party just because i liked them, regardless if they were useful or not. i couldnt say the same for DA2, though i did find some of their banter funny at times. but way off topic now :P

Wow facepalm you should actually watch the video instead dismissing it as "raging" I'll break it down for you.

DA2 day one DLC = free with purchase

DAO day one DLC = free with purchase

ME2 day one DLC = free with purchase

ME3 day one DLC = 10 dollars

Sounds legit. If EA didn't give me ME3 I wouldn't buy and boycotts to do work, they worked with battlefield 3 when EA was gonna to release store exclusive weapons. But whatever bioware can do no wrong.

*snip*

And I also pointed out that they weren't even important to the plot. If you look at the TSK files of DA2, ME2 and Origins you can see a huge difference between what they were going to include at the original concept and what we got in final release. Zaeed for instance was suppose to be in Korris and Kasumi in Illum. Did you know that? Because I did and I'm not going to rage because they are giving away another DLC to CE owners. You are the one responsible for either buying the game or not and if you are so angry then quit BioWare all together and focus on another dev because that's business.