Requesting for someone to do a dreaming mod for me

lefttounge

What i could use possibly some help with, would be if someone knew how to do gender specufic dreams.

Like how to make the message to appear only for certain genders.

I might also need someone, who could know how to do 'grace periods' so that way the dream buffs don't pile.

Only i do have in mind of an mcm, that will be able to adjust even whether you actually receive the buffs, and whether you have more dreams than nightmares, or vice verss, or how often you have dreams period.

Um about teleporting, for now...i'm just looking at a menu pop up thst tells and describes the dreams.

Eventually, i think patches can be made, so if others seek to add their OWN dreams, that they'd like to share, mod users can just download

I think that sounds good too. My idea of teleporting was just a brainstorm and as you say, it would be best if that was taken up some sort of extension.

I just have to add and clarify that it would be best if there was some sort of way for the mod to know what kind of character you are, otherwise the dreams may become out-of-character. Besides that all it would need is some quest completed or ongoing quest checks and then some good writing of the dreams. More specific reflections of specific and lesser actions so to speak such as killing a farm of chickens may be a bit more technical. Anyways I hope my brainstorms give some more ideas

"Eventually, i think patches can be made, so if others seek to add their OWN dreams, that they'd like to share, mod users can just download"

that would be dope

"Alright buds, it's in the works, so stay posted. Still pm me if you wish to help. :wink:"

:smile: :smile:

Edited by jman298

Yes, i'm keeping the dreams mostly neutral, as in they could be had by both male and female.

I'm also keeping it lore friendly, all while using 'actual' dream symbols

In example:

A dream about a book, means "you may be seeking knowledge, or the answer to a problem if you see or read a book, or visit a library"

Hence, a positive dream if the book isn't like burning,

And of course, the buffs would reflect the mage qualities.

*increased magicka

*increased mackical resistance

Etc.

How about LIVING the dream? You go to sleep and the screen gets blurry and then you are actually IN your dream and have to play through your dream, until you wake up. Just like in Enderal's first quest. It's only a dream, but you have to play through it. THAT would be nice, if you ask me.

But lefttounge, very nice idea. Sounds very interesting. I'm sorry that I can't help you out with it, but I am surely much more worse with the CK than you are. :)

Edited by TheGhostface1973

Ikr?

maybe once the first release goes out, others might contribute...i am writing some really good Vaermina dreams now...she's almost starting to remind me of Freddy Krueger... :P

Edited by lefttounge

This sounds really cool! I imagine the variety of dreams you can have is limited though, so you will need a LOT of writing to keep it fresh. As someone who uses Frostfall + RND, I sleep a lot, and to have a different dream every night would require a lot of content. Hundreds of stories would really bring the mod to the light and let it stand out. Perhaps you could have multiple people all write all sorts of stories so the mod is all the more interesting?

If you plan to add simple art like symbols, or need someone to do texture work for any reason, I can help out a bit. I'm fairly skilled with SAI and own a drawing tablet.

edit: I also have some suggestions about gender-related dreams. Things that would pertain to a woman rather than a man. vice versa. I can PM you some of those if you want.

I was also thinking... what if it can tie in with other mods? Like that popular one, where you start a new life and choose how it begins. Vanilla has dreams about the dragon attack in helgen, new life has dreams about the various options, such as starting out as a hunter, necromancer, or my favorite, a tortured prisoner left for dead. That is far off though.

Edited by mataschmata

This sounds really cool! I imagine the variety of dreams you can have is limited though, so you will need a LOT of writing to keep it fresh. As someone who uses Frostfall, I sleep a lot, and to have a different dream every night would require a lot of content. Hundreds of stories would really bring the mod to the light and let it stand out. Perhaps you could have multiple people all write all sorts of stories so the mod is all the more interesting?

Â

If you plan to add simple art like symbols, or need someone to do texture work for any reason, I can help out a bit. I'm fairly skilled with SAI and own a drawing tablet.

Yas dude, pm me,and i will get you started.

I wrote a good bit, but i agree.

It's a LOT of writing... :/

But what I think can happen, which will quell the storm.

Is that others will create 'add-on' dreams, where they will write their own dreams, and then all mod users have to do is download the original mod first, (this one) and then theirs, and it will fill the void.

I will more than likely see about sendi g out what i wrote so far, (which is a good jist i guess)

Then just send then to the dude i'm working with, and we'll just update moh dreams.

Cause right now, we like all the help. Me (writing up a storm)

And him (doing papyrus stuff)

If others want to help, and know how to help us, please pm me, so i can talk.

Did i mention, that Vaermina will be making a guest appearance in a couple dreams, so will molag bal... ;)

Also, if anybody might know menu design. Or definately mcm design, please please, please pm me... :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, it looks like nobody is interested in helping me with this. The dude that 'said' he would help, all of a sudden stopped, and no longer pm's me for no reason.

I'd be lying if i said i wasn't disappointed.

But maybe one day somebody will pm me to help.

Edited by lefttounge