How Do I Publish A Customized Companion

0Anesthetic4u

Ok, so a while ago, I customized Curie to my hearts content, and now I want to post her to the Nexus...

Problem is I cant figure out how to turn her into a mod. I've spent the last hour trying to look up how to export her from the game, and I've come up with nothing but a whole bunch of videos on HOW to customize characters, not how to export them.

It makes me wonder how so many seeming 10 year olds can figure out how to post character presets, but I can't.

Can someone please help me.

The presets has nothing to do with exporting the character per-se.

Assuming you have installed Looksmenu, just open the console, click on curie - you'll get an ID displayed.

Then you type: (without the <>)

slm <ID_from_Curie> 1

There you can simply go to the presets menu, and save the current look.

Saved files will be at something like: <FO4 install dir>/data/f4se/plugins/presets

hth

The presets has nothing to do with exporting the character per-se.

Assuming you have installed Looksmenu, just open the console, click on curie - you'll get an ID displayed.

Then you type: (without the <>)

slm <ID_from_Curie> 1

There you can simply go to the presets menu, and save the current look.

Saved files will be at something like: <FO4 install dir>/data/f4se/plugins/presets

hth

This is the new way. It is great with Looksmenu mod. However, it only works on NPC who allows change via SLM command. The old way is to create an .esp that manually changes an NPC that can or can't be changed via SLM. I too would want to know that. I mean at least to be able to edit settler faces. Based on Better Settler mod, I can see all the replaced values .... but they are just codes and numbers, it means nothing looking at them. I too wonder how to select a face visually (like with Looksmenu preset) and place into a mod to change a certain NPC.

Awesome thanks for the response... But does anyone know how to do the .esp one?

Seeeeeee. What got me off my butt and finally wanting to do this is something has gone Horribly wrong with my install.

It hard Crashes my computer within 40 seconds of loading in.

So I want to export the character to the nexus, before I delete and re-install the game, risking losing them for ever, as I'm unsure if keeping a Save Duplicate will protect the changes I've done to the character, as I did change them Via Console Commands.

Seeeeeee. What got me off my butt and finally wanting to do this is something has gone Horribly wrong with my install.

So I want to export the character to the nexus, before I delete and re-install the game, risking losing them for ever, as I'm unsure if keeping a Save Duplicate will protect the changes I've done to the character, as I did change them Via Console Commands.

Wait, you want to export your character as ... .esp just to save? I highly highly recommend you use Looksmenu. You can easily export your character into a preset file, and later can load this preset again to your new game. This is so much easier.

We

Wait, you want to export your character as ... .esp just to save? I highly highly recommend you use Looksmenu. You can easily export your character into a preset file, and later can load this preset again to your new game. This is so much easier.

It's not just to save. I've been meaning to put her on the Nexus for a while, but never got off my lazy butt to do it. Now I'm faced with the prospect of losing her as is for ever, and I just want to do it both as a back up, and because I've always wanted to do this.

And does Looksmenu work outside of the game, cause as I said, the game will hard crash my computer within 40 seconds of running. So if I cant do it outside the game, I just cant do it.