Player movement continues if the mouse is moving

ZamuelZA

When I let go of the button in the direction I'm heading while moving the mouse, for some reason the character continues to move a bit like if suddenly it wanted to add a "deceleration"-phase to the whole movement or that it has an animation loop that needs to be finished before stopping the player's movement. This is very noticeable while in crouch (stealth). This issue doesn't occur if I'm not moving the mouse at all.

I'm playing the game on ultra high with no FPS issues. I've tried both with and without V-sync enabled (set in the .ini file).
Here is a list of my currently installed mods:

http://i.imgur.com/ko2oMlv.png

In the comment section of this YouTube video an user suggested using a nexus mod which sadly in its current state is set as "hidden". The user described it as an 'animation-fix', but yeah, as it currently stands I've not been able to get my hands on it to try it out. I did however try this nexus mod which alters the animations but it sadly did not fix the issue :sad:

If you have any suggestions they would be extremely appreciated! This issue really screws up the precise movement.

Thanks!

To narrow down the scope of M48A5's suggestion, please see the 'Essentials for Getting Started' and 'Vanilla "Load Order" ' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

Also, are you using any advance features of your mouse driver? The game is designed for vanilla mouse drivers and some brand name models (most notably Logitech, but not limited to them) can have issues when certain features are enabled.

-Dubious-

It is really surprising that the game will even start, give the mess of your load list.

Start by reading this: http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Category:New_Vegas

To narrow down the scope of M48A5's suggestion, please see the 'Essentials for Getting Started' and 'Vanilla "Load Order" ' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

Also, are you using any advance features of your mouse driver? The game is designed for vanilla mouse drivers and some brand name models (most notably Logitech, but not limited to them) can have issues when certain features are enabled.

-Dubious-

Thanks for pointing it out! :) I fixed it now so the load order is much more reasonable.

However, it did not fix the issue :( Neither did disabling my keyboard and mouse advanced bloatware drivers :(

That's good, but show us what it looks like now. A "good" load order is fundamental to the game.

Let's dig a little more into just what you are experiencing. Normally the mouse just changes the "facing direction". "Movement" (in terms of traversing ground) is controlled by the AWSD keys (by default). Have you changed any of those key mappings? If so, what to? Is it possible you have two functions mapped to the same key?

What brand and model of "mouse"/pointer device are you using? Is the driver "up-to-date" or at least aware of FNV?

Do you have a "console gamepad" (like an X-Box controller) plugged in?

-Dubious-